content='IE=EmulateIE7' http-equiv='X-UA-Compatible'/> Change-Diapers.com, Fitteds and Pockets and Snappis, oh my! Change-Diapers.com, Fitteds and Pockets and Snappis, oh my!: Voodookitten / Cranky Cat Studio Review & Gift Certificate Giveaway (discount too!) CLOSED

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://change-diapers.com
and update your bookmarks.

12 May, 2010

Voodookitten / Cranky Cat Studio Review & Gift Certificate Giveaway (discount too!) CLOSED


Deborah of Cranky Cat Studio doesn't make your typical cutesy baby stuff.  If the business card graphic & font didn't tip you off, here's her son's 1 year portrait (she said I could share!)


So flippin cute!  All he needs is this diaper to go with it.  No, I don't think I'll ever stop moping about that diaper.  I want it!  (Imagine me pouting and stomping my foot like a petulant child.)

Cranky Cat Studio sells from her Bonanzle store (you can also get there by typing http://www.voodookitten.com/  For those who had never heard of Bonanzle (I hadn't), Deborah described it as "an upscale eBay. Kinda like what would happen if eBay and Etsy had a baby!"  That cracked me up.  She also has an Etsy Shop.  She has lots of products for sale including baby blankets, bibs, purses and totes, hair clips, shopping totes and tutu overalls (you have got to see these!)  She has quite a bit more in her Bonanzle store than in Etsy, including items that aren't handmade, like squeaky shoes.  My fingers would be nubs if I tried to list and link to every single thing she makes; she makes a lot!


Deborah sent me a shopping tote and a clutch purse to review.  She's also offering up a $30 gift certificate to one lucky blog reader and a discount code good for 10% off that you can all use.  The code is MamaRocks because "gosh darn it...Mama does rock!"


The bag is actually intended for my hubby to keep in his car to have handy for when he picks up a few things here and there.  The guitar print seemed more manly than some of the other reusable bags, LOL.  It's also perfect for a blanket, a few toys and some snacks for a trip to the park!


It's nice and roomy, but rolled up small, around 5 x 3.


I just realized that I didn't get a good shot of the bag itself, sheesh.  I was so focused on function!  My hubby has been using it and has it in his car.  I promise it looks as great as it functions!


That's 15 pounds of flour and sugar.  No problems at all.  I'm quite sure it could have held more weight.  It was also both comfortable to hold and secure thanks to the design of the handles.


I easily fit five boxes of cereal in it.


Still no trouble holding it!


Overstuffed and overloaded it was still really comfy to hold.  No double bagging like plastic bags, no ripping holes in the bag like plastic, and no digging into your fingers, cutting off your circulation like plastic!


Most of Deborah's diaper bags started out as purses, and this clutch/wristlet is no exception.  The fabric is gorgeous.


It is the perfect size to use with a pretty dress for a night out (Night...out??  What is that again?) when you just need keys, wallet, lipstick, phone etc. 


One strap is longer than the other, so you can tuck the long through the short and cinch it.


The intention is to use as a grab and go diaper bag, for those quick trips when you just need a few diapers/wipes.  Those situations get a little more complicated for cloth diaperers, since you can't just cram a couple into your regular purse!  I use my wet/dry bag when I know I will need to change several diapers while we're away, but when I might only need to change one, it's a bit much to lug out with me.


I put a Bumgenius 3.0, a Rumparooz, a PlanetWise medium wet bag, a Planet wise wipe bag with 10 wipes and a spray bottle of solution in this teeny bag!


Yep, it's all in there!


Close it up and hit the road!


Love it!  I think both bags are really well made and they're unique in form, function and style.  I can definitely see using the wristlet with a little black dress someday when I don't need it for diapers anymore!

So, want your ownShop Cranky Cat Studio and use coupon code MamaRocks to get 10% off.

Or, win a gift certificate!  One reader gets $30 to spend at Cranky Cat Studio.  It will be good for anything out of either her Etsy or her Bonanzle store!

Here's how to enter:  The first entry is mandatory, do as many or as few of the others as you like.  You must enter a separate comment on this blog post for each entry.  Please make sure to include your email address if it is not visible in your profile.

1. Visit Cranky Cat Studio and let me know what you would buy if you won.
2. Follow my blog publicly.  Comment to get your entry.
3. Fan me on Facebook.  Comment here to get your entry.  (Yes, I know it's not "fan" anymore but all this like, liker, liking stuff is too clunky!)
4. Fan Cranky Cat Studio on Facebook.  Comment to get your entry.
5. Follow me on Twitter.  Comment to get your entry.
6. Follow Cranky Cat Studio on Twitter.  Comment to get your entry.
7. Tweet about this giveaway.  Please no more than one tweet per day and make sure to include @chgdiapers and @CrankyCatStudio.  You may use this tweet if you like "Enter the @chgdiapers #giveaway for a $30 @crankycatstudio gift certificate and get great #handmade items! http://bit.ly/cF7xai Ends 5/21"
8. Blog about this giveaway, this blog, Cranky Cat studio etc and leave a link to your blog post to get your entry.

I will accept entries until Friday, May 21st, 2010 at 9 P.M. EST.  I'll choose a winner with random.org's true random number generator and contact the winner by email.

Thank you to Deborah at Cranky Cat Studio for sending me the bags to review.  The freebies in no way affected my review and the opinions are my own.  Results may vary and all that rot.  :-)

150 comments:

  1. Oooh - I love the red Squeaky Shoes!

    sbriesh at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a public follower of your blog!

    sbriesh at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Facebook fan!

    sbriesh at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a hard choice! I would probably go with the tutu overalls, the squeaky shoes or some of the super cute hair clips!

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow your blog!

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I "like" you on fb! ;)

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow on twitter!

    erica do tjmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tweet!

    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/13862696001

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could totally use a clutch/diaper bag like that! I would choose the turquoise one though. I also think the butterfly hair clips are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would totally buy a tutu overall! Too cute.

    theaguilars at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am one of your followers on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a fan of Cranky Cat on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a follower of Cranky Cat on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the FlexiFeet Squeaky Shoes in purple!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Following you with google connect jfsarma at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I"d buy butterfly hair clips and squeaky shoes, idk what color,can't decide :)

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I follow your blog publicly

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. liked you on facebook!

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. liked cranky cat studio on facebook

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I follow you on twitter

    @SAPsMaMa

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I follow crankycatstudios on twitter

    @SAPsMaMa

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/13890958679

    tweeted

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. http://sapsgiveaways.blogspot.com/2010/05/crankycatstudios-giveaway-by-f-oh-my.html

    blogged

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. We'd like to get some Little Lady Red Squeaky shoes!

    couponboss at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Tweet!

    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/13908999573

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Handmade LG Tote, Purse ~ 10 Pocket ~ Pin Up Motorcycle

    that's what I want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. following cranky cat studio on twitter as winterpoet13

    ReplyDelete
  28. tweeted about the giveaway!

    http://twitter.com/winterpoet13/status/13916230319

    ReplyDelete
  29. omg - i love the button earrings - they are so cute! i would definitely get one of those (yeah, for me!)
    tamipearson at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. i follow your blog

    tamipearson at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/13926176895

    tweet

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/13972699367

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the squeaky shoes in the green pastel or actually all of them. I also love the badananna hooded towel.

    kimberlysummer40@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I follow your blog publicly.

    kimberlysummer40@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am a fan of your on facebook.

    kimberlysummer40@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the red black filagree diaper bag!

    rmglaughlin at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am a GFC follower!

    rmglaughlin at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am a fan of your Facebook page!

    rmglaughlin at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I follow Cranky Cat on FB

    rmglaughlin at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/14006304056

    tweet

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Tweet

    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/14033028694

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/14064119112

    tweet

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Tweet!

    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/14094745770

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/14106359656

    tweet

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I think I would buy the red and black filigree hand made diaper bag.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  46. I follow by GFC.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I would probably order a couple of bib n burp sets for girls. my friend is having twin girls

    melanieinaz2003 at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  48. you twitter @kaiasmommy

    melanieinaz2003 at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  49. cranky cat twitter @kaiasmommy

    melanieinaz2003 at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  50. I would get the Shopping Bag Handmade ~ Reusable Eco ~ Mardi Gras Mask.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Tweet!

    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/14158341735

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  52. My fave item is the Red Black Filagree Print Handmade Diaper Bag. I'd totally use it as a chic tote!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love the pin up blanket and the skull/flames blanket as well

    ReplyDelete
  54. I would buy the Blue Leather Shoes in Size 6! My daughter is growing out of all her shoes!

    hrfarley at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  55. ms(dot)verymarried(at)gmail(d0t)com)

    http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/Cranky_Cat_Studio/items/Handmade_Purse___Diaper_Bag___Leopard_Print_Ultrasuede

    CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I would buy the Texas A&M Bib and burp cloth set, awesome!!! I would also probably get some cute hair clips for my sisters little girls, or maybe hang on to them in case I have a girl someday....

    aubrey_ls at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  57. I follow your blog publicly.

    aubrey_ls at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. I'm a fan of you on Facebook!

    aubrey_ls at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  59. I follow you on Twitter!

    aubrey_ls at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  60. I tweeted!

    http://twitter.com/AGZ8/status/14174657874

    aubrey_ls at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  61. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/14177475101

    tweet

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  62. I love the cute Black & Red Ladybugs Earrings! ;)
    txgigggles@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  63. I would get their pink and black hair clips, butterfly hair clips, and a pair of flexifeet squeaky shoes in blue green stripe
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  64. "like" you on facebook (Stephanie Gaffney)
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  65. follow crankycatstudio on twitter @skgaff
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  66. tweet: http://twitter.com/skgaff/status/14183238989
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  67. I LOVE the TUTU overalls.
    Thanks for the chance.
    mogrill@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  68. OMG how fun is this stuff! I love the Boutique Baby Bib ~ Handmade ~ Flames ~ LG Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  69. I think I would buy the OnTray Shopping Cart Snack Coupon Tray~ Snaps On Handle. yyeres(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  70. I would love to buy the Boutique Baby Bib and Burp Cloth Red and Black Koi set.

    urchiken at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  71. Tweet!

    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/14223273320

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  72. if I won I would choose the handmade purse diaper bag with pink skulls fabric.
    jennifer.lleras@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  73. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/14272016892

    tweet

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  74. Tweet!

    http://twitter.com/AGZ8/status/14272856670

    aubrey_ls at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  75. I like the Flexi-Feet Squeaky Shoe Funky Flower Lime Leather.
    jswandrn at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  76. Tweet!

    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/14289356845

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  77. I would get 3 Purple Hanging Tea Lights w/ Flower Beads & Marbles. Thanks.

    president(dot)peaches(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  78. I like the Boutique Baby Blanket - Tan Medieval Vine - 35 X 43 and overall tutus!
    kirbycolby at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  79. I follow cranky cat on twitter @Aerated
    kirbycolby at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  80. I tweeted! http://twitter.com/Aerated/status/14315777255
    kirbycolby at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  81. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/14317229790

    tweeted

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  82. The Pink Punk Skulls Bib Burp Cloth Set and a couple sets of earrings (they're so cute)!
    kawaiisplosion(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  83. I'm following Cranky Cat Studio on Twitter @KawaiiSplosion.
    kawaiisplosion(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  84. I'm following ya on Twitter @KawaiiSplosion!
    kawaiisplosion(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  85. I'm following ya via Google/Blogger.
    kawaiisplosion(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  86. I'm now following on twitter
    bcgood83@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  87. tweeted about it
    http://twitter.com/bcgood83

    ReplyDelete
  88. If I won I'm not sure what all I would get but I know that I would be getting the pink and black hair clips, and some of those ADORABLE button earrings.
    bcgood83@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  89. I am a facebook fan
    bcgood83@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  90. I am already a fan of Cranky Cat Studio on FB
    bcgood83@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  91. Tweet!

    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/14355618150

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  92. daily tweet http://twitter.com/Aerated/status/14386848544
    kirbycolby at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  93. I would probably get the Flexi-Feet Squeaky Shoes ~ Frog ~ Blue Leather.
    Thanks!
    fineinsanity at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  94. I follow your blog (Fine Insanity)

    fineinsanity at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  95. I'm a fan of yours on facebook Sheila Newton.


    fineinsanity at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  96. I'm a fan of Cranky Cat on facebook Sheila Newton.


    fineinsanity at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  97. I follow you on twitter (FineInsanity)

    fineinsanity at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  98. I follow Cranky Cat on twitter (FineInsanity)

    fineinsanity at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  99. I tweeted.
    http://twitter.com/FineInsanity/status/14405026000

    fineinsanity at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  100. Since I don't have any young'uns yet, I'd take any of those fabulous shopping totes.

    warhandmades at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  101. I REALLY want these:
    Flexi-Feet Squeaky Shoes ~ Frog ~ Blue Leather ~ Sz 7
    digicat {AT} sbcglobal {DOT} net

    ReplyDelete
  102. I follow you publicly on Google Friends Connect (Carolsue)
    digicat {AT} sbcglobal {DOT} net

    ReplyDelete
  103. I like you on Facebook!
    Carol Anderson Ezovski
    digicat {AT} sbcglobal {DOT} net

    ReplyDelete
  104. I like CrankyCat on Facebook!
    Carol Anderson Ezovski
    digicat {AT} sbcglobal {DOT} net

    ReplyDelete
  105. I follow you on Twitter @cezovski
    digicat {AT} sbcglobal {DOT} net

    ReplyDelete
  106. I follow CrankyCat on Twitter @cezovski
    digicat {AT} sbcglobal {DOT} net

    ReplyDelete
  107. Tweet!

    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/14423256949

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  108. daily tweet. thank you! http://twitter.com/Aerated/status/14424887919
    kirbycolby at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  109. i would get Hanging Tea Light ~ Victorian Filigree ~ Green 36".

    ReplyDelete
  110. i like the
    Handmade LG Diaper Bag ~ Tote ~ 10 Pocket ~ Pond Splash

    ReplyDelete
  111. i like the Flexi-Feet Squeaky Shoe Funky Flower Lime Leather SZ 4

    ReplyDelete
  112. following your blog as klp1965

    ReplyDelete
  113. like you on facebook Kathy L Pease

    ReplyDelete
  114. like ccs on facebook Kathy L Pease

    ReplyDelete
  115. http://twitter.com/klp1965/status/14439225825

    ReplyDelete
  116. Watch me Grow Pink Leather shoes in an 8!

    hmahan_0529 @yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  117. I love the Handmade LG Diaper Bag ~ Tote ~ 10 Pocket ~ Pond Splash

    ReplyDelete
  118. I would get the Diaper Clutch in Red Gold Patter and a cute bib for the little one.
    dani at tdnet dot us

    ReplyDelete
  119. I follow your blog.
    dani at tdnet dot us

    ReplyDelete
  120. I would get the Hooded Towel Baby Boutique HANDMADE - Teal Navy Batik
    kimhigueria at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  121. I'm a fan of you on FB
    kimhigueria at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  122. Fan of cranky cat studio on fb
    kimhigueria at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  123. following you on twiitter @kimhigueria
    kimhigueria at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  124. following cranky cat studio on twitter @kimhigueria
    kimhigueria at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  125. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/kimhigueria/status/14451445575
    kimhigueria at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  126. I like the diaper clutch in red wrinkle.
    xbeautifulcoma at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  127. I love the Handmade Diaper Bag ~ Purse ~ Red Black Filagree Print!

    ReplyDelete
  128. I became your Facebook fan. (I agree that the "like" stuff sounds awkward.)

    ReplyDelete
  129. I became a fan of Cranky Cat Studio on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  130. I love the froggy shoes, the Flexi-Feet Squeaky Shoes
    HobartsMama {AT} AOL.COM

    ReplyDelete
  131. i like the blue monkey cloud blanket its so cute

    sallstun
    at
    hotmail
    dot
    com

    ReplyDelete
  132. i became a fan on facebook username sonya allstun

    ReplyDelete
  133. I became a fan of Cranky Cat Studio on Facebook. Username sonya allstun

    sallstun
    at
    hotmail
    dot
    com

    ReplyDelete
  134. I followed chgdiapers on twitter my username is @blueeyeleo

    sallstun
    at
    hotmail
    dot
    com

    ReplyDelete
  135. I followed CrankyCatStudio on twitter my username is @blueeyeleo

    sallstun
    at
    hotmail
    dot
    com

    ReplyDelete
  136. Cute! I would buy the:
    Flexi-Feet Squeaky Shoe Watch Me Grow Pink Leather SZ 5


    zoe madforfashionataol.com

    ReplyDelete
  137. I'd get one of the hanging tea-lights!



    clarkmurdock@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  138. Boutique Baby Blanket- Blue Monkey Cloud HANDMADE 39x36

    ReplyDelete