content='IE=EmulateIE7' http-equiv='X-UA-Compatible'/> Change-Diapers.com, Fitteds and Pockets and Snappis, oh my! Change-Diapers.com, Fitteds and Pockets and Snappis, oh my!: Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Review & Giveaway (2 winners!) CLOSED

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://change-diapers.com
and update your bookmarks.

10 June, 2010

Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Review & Giveaway (2 winners!) CLOSED


Mrs. Meyer's makes "Clean Day" aromatherapeutic household cleaners.  All products are cruelty-free, and have never been tested on animals.  There are no solvents, no petroleum distillates, no bleach, no phosphates and no ingredients that could cause harsh fumes.  Most of their products have a near neutral pH that makes them safe for skin contact.  

Their products are also environmentally friendly.  All of their liquid cleaning products are biodegradable, and the powdered products break down into "non-harmful decomposition products."

They are middle of the road, in my opinion, as far as being "natural" goes.  Here is what they have to say: We use naturally derived ingredients whenever possible from corn, sugar cane, coconut and palm. When we cannot find a plant-derived ingredient that performs to our rigorous standards, we use ingredients from the world of safe synthetics. These are materials with a long history of safety and efficacy in use for people and the environment they live in. At Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, we do our best every day to make our formulations as natural as possible without compromising freshness, and performance.




The all purpose cleaner is to be diluted 1/4 cup to 1 gallon of water.  You can also use 4 Tablespoons to a half bottle of water to make a refill for the countertop spray.  The MSRP of a 32 oz concentrated bottle is $7.99.

I went off in hunt of an empty spray bottle and came home with a bottle of countertop spray!


A 32 oz, empty Rubbermaid bottle (the only one I could find other than travel size/personal care bottles) was $3.99 and out of stock.  The 16 oz bottle of countertop spray was also $3.99!  Easy choice.


The countertop spray is basically the all purpose cleaner, with an additional vegetable protein extract added to remove odors.


The spray is safe for all non-porous surfaces, so I suppose I technically should not be using it on my counters.



Don't tell the granite police on me, m'kay?  I think they look great!


The liquid hand soap is 12.5 ounces with an MSRP of $3.99.


It does contain sodium laureth sulfate.


I think the pump blends in nicely with my kitchen!

The soap foamed nicely, though it didn't make big, giant bubbles.  It rinsed off cleanly and easily in our soft water, something I can't say about other soaps.  Initially I thought the scent was a bit strong for my sensitive sniffer, but it mellowed out shortly after I washed my hands.  The scent sticks around, but it doesn't stay terribly strong.


I also received the dish soap in the lemon verbena scent.


I really don't hand wash a lot of dishes.  Mostly things that don't fit in the dishwasher, can't go in the dishwasher, or things that can't wait for the dishwasher to be full.  I washed the cake saver thingie that my son's Birthday cake was in; it had some pretty caked on, greasy buttercream icing and fondant on it.


Just a little squirt.

Nice and clean.  Rinsed easily.  The lemon verbena scent actually reminds me of lemon dish soap.  Hard to describe, but it is much milder and more earthy smelling then the fresh, citrusy "kitchen lemon" type scent.

Mrs. Meyers has so many more products.  I smelled the Baby Blossom scent at a store and it smells heavenly!  They have geranium, lavender and basil scents in all sorts of household products.  I'd love to try the automatic dish packs, window spray or toilet bowl cleaner.  Scrubbing toilets is bad enough; having to smell the stinky cleaner just adds insult to injury.  I'd rather smell geraniums! 

Interested?  Find Mrs. Meyer's products at a store near you, or shop online.

Or, win it.  Mrs. Meyer's is generously offering two winners Dish Soap, Hand Soap and Countertop spray in their choice of scent!

Here's how to enter:  You may do any or all of the below.  Leave a separate comment for each entry.  Please be sure your email address is in at least one of your comments if it isn't visible in your profile.

1. Browse Mrs. Meyer's products and tell me what products and scents you like best.
2. Subscribe to my blog via RSS feed/feedburner.
3. "Like" me on Facebook.
4. "Follow" me on Twitter.  (Anyone else humming "every breath you take, every move you make, I'll be watchin' you?")
5. Tweet about this giveaway.  One tweet per day please.  Please include a link to this post.  You may use this tweet if you like: Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day prize packs - 2 winners from @chgdiapers, ends 6/21 http://bit.ly/8ZWdrX

This is open to the U.S. only.  I will accept entries until Monday, June 21st, 2010 at 9 P.M. Eastern. I'll select the winners with random.org's true random number generator and contact the winners by email.  Products will be sent directly from the manufacturer.

Thank you to Mrs. Meyer's for providing the review and giveaway products.  Though I was given products at no charge for review purposes, all opinions are genuine and my own.  Your opinions may vary.

251 comments:

  1. I like the baby blossom gift set and lemon verbena is my fave scent of all time.

    Audriannasmamaw@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already subscribe to your blog and love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already a fan of yours on facebook

    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=571643635
    Audriannasmamaw@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have been following you on twitter. and now i have that song stuck in my head lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. tweeted here http://twitter.com/momtoablessing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Subscriber!
    shanicherie (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE the lavender and lemon verbana!
    shanicherie (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love their baby products! They smell so yummy and baby like! :)
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I subscribe to your blog
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I "like" you on fb! :)
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I follow you on twitter! (It does sound kinda creepy huh!) :)

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. tweet
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/15858609070
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. They had a seasonal gingerbread scent that was wonderful, but I really like the baby blossom. I like the Gentle Baby Oil.

    ReplyDelete
  14. tweeted http://twitter.com/helenlamby/status/15859825809

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the lemon verbena scent!

    heatherandscott030709 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Subscribe to your blog!

    heatherandscott030709 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Like" you on Facebook - heatherscholten

    heatherandscott030709 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love all 3 in geranium.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the baby blossom laundry detergent and the sunscreen!
    veniceangel@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. the lavender room freshener! and fabric softener! =)

    gdy2shoes23(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like you on FB (katrina welch)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I follow you on twitter (katrinawelch)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm thinking I'd like the laundry detergent in Baby blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I follow you on twitter as OrPaBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  25. I tweeted!

    http://twitter.com/OrPaBLOG/status/15871402295

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like the Lemon Verben counter top spray.
    tomokofive at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. lemon scent- and love the baby products

    ReplyDelete
  28. http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/15886240149

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like their baby products and lemon is my favorite scent.
    danirudolph at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like you on FB.
    danirudolph at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I subscribe to your RSS feed.
    danirudolph at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like the All Purpose Cleaner and the Toilet Bowl Cleaner in the Lemon Verbena scent or the Lavender scent.
    Alicia Webster
    5webs@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  33. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like the Kitchen Basic Set in Lemon Verbena. I LOVE lemon verbena

    bkaellis [at] fordham [dot] edu

    ReplyDelete
  35. I like you on FB (Kacy Sandidge Ellis)


    bkaellis [at] fordham [dot] edu

    ReplyDelete
  36. I follow you on Twitter (@Meanderinghome)


    bkaellis [at] fordham [dot] edu

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the laundry detergent in lavender

    ReplyDelete
  38. I follow you on twitter (I'm @prizealert)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Here's my tweet: http://twitter.com/prizealert/status/15902560847

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the baby blossom line of baby products, especially the lotion. I am expecting on Aug 1, so am looking for new products, for baby Ana. Thanks for the contest.


    zoe hunter lee
    zoehunter.com
    http://projectzoe.blogspot.com/
    madforfashionataol.com
    twitter.com/zoehunter
    facebook.com/zoehunterlee

    ReplyDelete
  41. I subscribe via email/feedburner

    ReplyDelete
  42. tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/zoehunter/status/15903488328

    ReplyDelete
  43. I like lavender and I want to try the countertop spray and the liquid hand soap!

    lindseycrock@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I subscribe to your blog!

    lindseycrock@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. And I like you on FB. :)

    lindseycrock@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. I like the Baby Blossom scent and the lip & cheek balm looks nice!
    theaguilars at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  47. I like you on FB
    theaguilars at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  48. I follow you on twitter - HRA3Mom
    theaguilars at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love the Lemon Verbena room spray.

    couponboss at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  50. I would pick the Dish Soap in the Lavender Scent. Wouldn't that make it more fun to do the dishes?

    Ulkieab at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  51. I tweeted. http://twitter.com/BeingMeBlog/status/15923793546


    Ulkieab at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  52. I like the baby blossom bubble bath

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love Mrs. Meyer's Lavender counter top cleaner!

    ReplyDelete
  54. http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/15930682785

    ReplyDelete
  55. i love lavender and would love to try the surface wipes and the automatic dish packs!
    tamipearson at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  56. i subscribe to your emails!
    tamipearson at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  57. tweet
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/15932359860
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. I most like lavender, but basil sounds nice.

    ellaetc@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. I like the Baby Blossom scent.

    ReplyDelete
  60. I subscribe. Following you from Pitchit. Please follow me back. http://confessionsofanover-workedmom.blogspot.com

    Thanks!
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  61. I would love everything in Lemon Verbena! Yum!

    mil[dot]latham83[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  62. I'd LOVE the lemon verbena scent!

    elizabethglassturner (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  63. I think anything in lavender would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  64. The Baby Blossom Bubble Bath sounds great!
    katiekarr at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  65. I like the Lemon Verbena scent and would love to try the laundry detergent

    sksweeps (at) earthlink (dot) net

    ReplyDelete
  66. tweet
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/15998665200
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  67. http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/16005032164

    ReplyDelete
  68. i follow you on twitter @creep4ward

    ReplyDelete
  69. The basil fragrance sounds divine, I would love to try it with the soap bar.

    ReplyDelete
  70. I'd like the LIQUID HAND SOAP in Geranium. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  71. I am always on the hunt for eco-friendly household cleaners! I would love to try their Surface Scrub in Geranium!

    ecofriendlyandfrugal(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  72. Tweet! http://twitter.com/EFandFrugal/status/16044483839

    ReplyDelete
  73. I subscribe to your blog!

    Great blog, btw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  74. i would love to try the lavender scent

    jessicalangzoz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  75. I'd love to try the toilet bowl cleaner in basil. Such an interesting scent for a toilet!

    ReplyDelete
  76. I like the lavender and am interested in laundry detergent.

    j@hollowstar.com

    ReplyDelete
  77. I subscribe via Google/RSS.

    ReplyDelete
  78. http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/16070315278

    ReplyDelete
  79. I like the geranium -- in fact that's the dishsoap I usually use.

    ReplyDelete
  80. I have that same cake carrier!! I wonder how the Basil and the Gereunim smell!

    ReplyDelete
  81. I like the lemon verbena scent and would b interested in the dish soap

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  82. I'm subscribed to your blog via RSS feedburner

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  83. liked you on facebook

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  84. following you on twitter

    @SAPsMaMa

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  85. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/16111986417

    tweet

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  86. I wnt LEMON VERBENA COUNTERTOP SPRAY

    ReplyDelete
  87. My fav is the scent free laundry detergent. asthenight at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  88. I subscribe by google reader
    chirpatme at rocketmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  89. Lavender or scent free are my favorites. I'd like to try the room freshener. Thanks!
    chirpatme at rocketmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  90. I follow you on twitter (@fureez)
    chirpatme at rocketmil dot com

    ReplyDelete
  91. http://twitter.com/fureez/status/16122476075
    chirpatme at rocketmil dot com

    ReplyDelete
  92. tweeted! http://twitter.com/helenlamby/status/16126692680

    ReplyDelete
  93. tweet
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/16141943030
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  94. I like the kitchen basic set in and the basil scent sound nice and different

    ReplyDelete
  95. http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/16152379832

    ReplyDelete
  96. Daily Tweet! http://twitter.com/EFandFrugal/status/16158871001

    ecofriendlyandfrugal(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  97. I'd love to try the lemon verbena laundry detergent.

    ReplyDelete
  98. I added you to follow on my google reader.

    ReplyDelete
  99. I like the kitchen basics gift set, and enjoy the lavender scent the best.

    shawnchasse AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  100. I subscribed to your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  101. I'd love the lemon all purpose cleaner!

    ReplyDelete
  102. I would really like the surface wipes - so quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  103. tweet
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/16218983007
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  104. It all looks great. I'd love to try the lemon verbena scents.

    ReplyDelete
  105. I like anything and everything basil scented.

    ReplyDelete
  106. I like the lemon verbena laundry detergent. yyeres(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  107. http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/16232981939

    ReplyDelete
  108. LOVE LOVE LOVE Mrs. Meyers. I liked you of fb! Thanks for blogging!

    missjrich [at] a o l [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  109. I would love to try the lavender or Basil scented laundry sheets!
    smchester at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  110. I liked you on facebook-Susan C
    smchester at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  111. Daily Tweet! *fingers crossed* http://twitter.com/EFandFrugal/status/16268556071

    ReplyDelete
  112. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/16272153813

    tweet

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  113. I'd love to try their diaper balm (I didn't realize they made that) and the basil and lemon verbena scents sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  114. http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/16311607845

    ReplyDelete
  115. I like the lavender HAND SOAP + REFILL SET

    ReplyDelete
  116. subscribe to your blog via google reader

    ReplyDelete
  117. "Like" me on Facebook - Rachel Grimes

    ReplyDelete
  118. Following on Twitter @rachelie123

    ReplyDelete
  119. tweeted http://twitter.com/Rachelie123/status/16314456696

    ReplyDelete
  120. tweet
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/16324839763
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  121. I love the handsoap in Lemon Verbena

    ReplyDelete
  122. Subscribe to my blog via feedburner.

    ReplyDelete
  123. Tweeted about this giveaway. (@ivykhui)

    ReplyDelete
  124. I would love to try the Baby Blossom detergent for babies!
    giabao.ng at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  125. I follow your blog!
    giabao.ng at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  126. "Like" you on FB!
    giabao.ng at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  127. http://twitter.com/fureez/status/16383368879

    chirpatme at rocketmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  128. I like Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Lavender All Purpose Cleaner.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  129. Subscribed with Google Reader.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  130. tweet
    http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/16395275156

    ReplyDelete
  131. tweet
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/16405265721
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  132. tweeted! http://twitter.com/helenlamby/status/16424369026

    ReplyDelete
  133. I like the Baby blossom and the baby bubble bath.

    loveliveshere2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  134. LIked you on facebook
    hillary westbrook

    ReplyDelete
  135. following you on twitter @hillaryblaire

    ReplyDelete
  136. http://twitter.com/HillaryBlaire/status/16426628638

    tweet

    ReplyDelete
  137. I would try lemon verbena and I'm always looking for a good dish soap.

    ReplyDelete
  138. I love lavender and all of their products!
    bellbottoms809@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  139. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  140. I like you on facebook
    bellbottoms809@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  141. I subscribe to your blog
    bellbottoms809@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  142. I am following you on twitter
    bellbottoms809@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  143. I like the baby blossom gift set and lemon verbena scent would be the scent i like.

    ReplyDelete
  144. tweet
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/16466767746
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  145. tweeted http://twitter.com/Rachelie123/status/16472505811

    ReplyDelete
  146. http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/16481480339

    ReplyDelete
  147. I would like to give the Basil cleaners a try as well, especially the all purpose cleaner. Thanks for the giveaway.
    maryDOTavingerATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  148. tweeted! http://twitter.com/helenlamby/status/16500725729

    ReplyDelete
  149. I want to try out the Laundry Detergent in the Lemon Verbena scent. Thanks! bekki1820cb at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  150. Feed subscirber. bekki1820cb at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  151. Tweeted: http://twitter.com/bekki1820cb/status/16525619481
    bekki1820cb at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  152. Following on Twitter: @bekki1820cb
    bekki1820cb at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  153. Like you on Facebook: Bekki Orr
    bekki1820cb at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  154. I think I'd like the Lavender Kitchen Basics Gift Set the best.

    mymadakaja at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  155. I'm subscribed to your blog via RSS feed/feedburner.

    ReplyDelete
  156. I'm following you 4. "Follow" me on Twitter. I'm mymadakaja.

    ReplyDelete
  157. Here's my tweet's direct link:
    http://twitter.com/mymadakaja/status/16547631581

    ReplyDelete
  158. tweet
    http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/16548565561

    ReplyDelete
  159. I would LOVE the lavender dish soap!

    blondemomblog@ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  160. tweet
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/16545568211
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  161. I would like the BABY BLOSSOM BUBBLE BATH

    ReplyDelete
  162. I would love to try the Kitchen Basics set in Lemon Berbena. Thank you for the lovely giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  163. I follow your blog via google reader.

    ReplyDelete
  164. I'm a twitter follower (@sewmuchstuff)

    ReplyDelete
  165. I tweeted

    http://twitter.com/SewMuchStuff/status/16587603568

    ReplyDelete
  166. Like the baby blossom set.
    Flyergal82 at yahoo dot (com)

    ReplyDelete
  167. I would love to try the Basil Counter Spray and Basil Automatic Dish Packs.
    Thank you so much for the giveaway.

    jweezie43[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  168. I am subscribed via email as jweezie43[at]gmail[dot]com.

    ReplyDelete
  169. I am a fan via Facebook as Jill Myrick.

    jweezie43[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  170. I am following via Twitter as jlsc123.

    jweezie43[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  171. tweet
    http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/16614971558

    ReplyDelete
  172. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/16617593373

    tweet

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  173. I love that they have baby products! I'd love to try the Baby Bubble Bath! I also think I'd like the Fresh scent best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  174. I tweeted about this giveaway!
    http://twitter.com/ThenWere4/status/16624828487

    ReplyDelete
  175. I would like the baby blossom gift set.
    jandsfox_143@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  176. tweet #1 http://twitter.com/helenlamby/status/16626790568

    ReplyDelete
  177. I like the baby blossom products.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  178. I'd like to try baby blossum, but lavender is my fave scent. Besides the dish soap and the countertop spray, I'd also like to try the handsoap in honeysuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  179. Oooh, baby blossom sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  180. I follow your blog through google

    ReplyDelete
  181. I really like the LEMON VERBENA LIQUID HAND SOAP

    ReplyDelete
  182. I subscribed via email schnitzomage at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  183. I like Fitteds and pockets and snappis, oh my! on FaceBook (louis huff) :)

    ReplyDelete