content='IE=EmulateIE7' http-equiv='X-UA-Compatible'/> Change-Diapers.com, Fitteds and Pockets and Snappis, oh my! Change-Diapers.com, Fitteds and Pockets and Snappis, oh my!: SoftBums Echo Slide to Size Diaper Review & Giveaway (CLOSED 8/6)

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://change-diapers.com
and update your bookmarks.

27 July, 2010

SoftBums Echo Slide to Size Diaper Review & Giveaway (CLOSED 8/6)


softbums

One of my readers (darn, can't remember who now!) told me about SoftBums.  When I looked into them, I was really intrigued, since I've never seen anything quite like them!


The SoftBums system consists of a waterproof outer shell, and snap in inserts (pods).


I received a chocolate color shell (adorable!) with a dry touch pod, an organic bamboo pod and a stay dry newborn insert/doubler (mini pod).


That isn't what makes it so unique though!  SoftBums doesn't have a snap down rise or adjustable elastic with 3 or 4 sizes.  It doesn't have a fold down rise with 2 sizes.  It has infinitely adjustable elastic with a drawstring system.

 

I've joked about newborn "chicken legs" but this diaper comes pretty close to fitting an actual chicken's legs.  As in buck-buck-bagawwww chicken legs.  It gets that tiny!


The front of the shell has a small opening. 


This is what the toggles to adjust the elastic look like.  You do have to fish them out; I am positive there is zero risk of a child getting them out of the diaper, so no choking risk.


At it's tiniest, it gets tiny.  Above the diaper is folded, below it is stretched.


With the elastic fully expanded, it gets fairly large.  Here it is folded.


I can't really say "stretched" for this next pic because I had the elastic fully expanded, so there wasn't any tension, if that makes sense!


Initially, I was kind of overwhelmed about the completely customizable elastic sizing.  I'm not used to more than 4 options!  I decided to take one of my son's size mediums, and try to get the diaper to a similar size, then tweak it from there.


It took a little playing around to figure it out, but I think I got it pretty close!


The inside of the diaper is lined with super soft material, so there's no PUL touching baby's skin.  The inserts snap in.


The inserts fit inside the diaper so perfectly, it really is an all-in-two; the cover can be re-used for several changes.


When you use the stay dry insert, you just have to be sure to fold it under, not toward the baby, so the soft microfleece is touching the skin, rather than the microfiber.


I washed the diaper and inserts, and hung the shell to dry.


I initially tried the stay-dry insert, since that's my preference.  I wish I could remember what left such awful red marks on his legs.  :-(


I usually choose pocket diapers for their ease of use, but this was super easy.  Maybe it's the Velcro closures that make it so much simpler.  Other diapers I have with this type of insert have fold down rises and snap closures, so I'm folding, holding in place, folding a rise, then trying to snap 3 snaps on each wing, all while holding everything in place on a wiggly baby.


I daresay the SoftBums system is Daddy friendly!


I found the SoftBums to be very trim as well, different than other one size diapers and different than other diapers with similar soakers.


We had no leaks and no wicking.  In fact, this has served as both a nap time and car-ride diaper, and I'd continue to grab for it for either situation.  Especially since it is so easy to take multiple "changes" on the road with a few soakers and maybe an extra shell.


I wasn't quite as fond of the organic bamboo insert.  It was incredibly soft and absorbed very well.  However, it was a bit larger than the stay dry insert, and didn't fit quite as well in the diaper. edit: Sarah at SoftBums let me know that the organic bamboo insert will eventually shrink to the same size as the dry-touch insert.  I've washed on hot and dried on high several times and haven't noticed a difference just yet!


It seemed rather bulky on, and I had to tuck the insert in a bit.


My package also included this cute wipe.  My daughter tried to claim it to use for her babies since it is girly, but it is so soft, and stacks perfectly on top of my Thirsties wipes, so I've been using it.  I don't think my son has noticed the teapots!

When I have some funds, I definitely want to buy another SoftBums Echo shell and a few stay dry pods to use on the go.  I also think adding a few of the mini pods would make a great and affordable newborn solution!  A single shell retails for $21.95, DryTouch Pods $4.95, SUPER DryTouch (extra absorbent) Pods $5.95, Organic Pods $9.95 and Mini Pods $2.95.  The shells come in 9 colors and three limited edition prints, and there are tons of packages available!

Want one?  Find a retailer or win one!

One lucky reader will win a SoftBums Dry-touch Echo Solo pack in their choice of color!.  Here's how to enter:

You may do any or all of the below.  Please be sure to leave your email address in at least one comment if it isn't in your profile.  If you are using the "anonymous" option, please leave your email address in all comments.

1. Visit SoftBums and tell me what color shell is your favorite.
2. Follow this blog.
7. Tweet about this giveaway and link back here.  One tweet per day please.  You may use this if you like: @chgdiapers has a @softbums #slide2size #clothdiaper #giveaway until 8/6 http://bit.ly/boqwgc
8. Share this blog or giveaway somehow.  See the stack of "share the love" icons on the left of the page.  You can use the StumbleUpon, Digg, Reddit, Facebook or Delicious icons if you have account there, you can post about this in your Facebook status (@Fitteds and Pockets and Snappis, oh my! and @SoftBums if you do that and please link to this blog post.)  You can tell a friend via email, post on a cloth diapering board or group, "Favorite" my blog on Technorati or even vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory I'm not picky, just share with someone you think might be interested!  This is going on the honor system, just leave me a comment telling me what you did to share.

This giveaway is open to the U.S. only.

I will accept entries until Friday, August 6th at 9 P.M. Eastern.  I'll choose a winner with random.org's true random number generator and notify the winner by email.  Winner will have 48 hours to claim the prize before it is forfeited and a new winner is chosen.

Thank you to SoftBums for providing the review and giveaway products.  As always, all opinions are my  own, I didn't receive any other compensation and I wasn't requested or required to write a positive review!

721 comments:

  1. I love the nuclear pumpkin, mostly cuz of the name!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like softbums on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow softbums on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://twitter.com/RitasDiapers/status/19654745463

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the Happy Robots. Its so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already follow your blog via GFC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already like Fitteds and pockets and snappis, oh my! on FB (Maybelline Valenti)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like SoftBums on FB (Maybelline Valenti)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I follow @chgdiapers on twitter as @Maybelline_V

    ReplyDelete
  10. I follow @softbums on twitter as @Maybelline_V

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Tweet: http://twitter.com/Maybelline_V/statuses/19656926039

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like you on Facebook (Erika Frank-Poletto)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love butter cup it is so cute..

    ReplyDelete
  14. i like you on facebook.. (nicole Smith)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I voted for you on Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like sprout but lator gator is really cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I follow you on twitter
    @BeccaJoy99

    ReplyDelete
  18. I follow Softbums on twitter
    @BeccaJoy99

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the Sprout because of the name :) When I was pg with DS we didn't find out his sex and so rather than calling him "it" we called him "Sprout"

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the limited edition PowderPuffs print! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. http://twitter.com/butterfly1979_2/status/19658897633

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the powderpuff print...super cute for my little girl

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know it's not a "color," but I love the Ooga-Booga.

    crystalshannon01@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm a fan of your on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm a fan of Softbums on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like the chocolate one

    ReplyDelete
  27. I follow you on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like softbums on FB
    email lagatis23@inbox.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the sprout, such a great color green!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I already like you on facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Bubblegum is my favorite!
    joditrinklein@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Facebook Friend ;)
    joditrinklein@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really love the Nuclear Pumpkin color, but I'm also feeling the Sprout.

    zophiel.parker at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I follow your blog.

    zophiel.parker at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the later gator print!

    mfarrow79@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I 'like' Fitteds and pockets and snappis, oh my! on FB. mfarrow79@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I like Chocolate!
    daisy7017 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I follow your blog!

    daisy7017 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I like you on facebook.
    daisy7017 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I like the ocean blue or the PowderPuff print!

    Kathryn.Turbek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love Sprout and Nuclear Pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm a twitter follower! @lilfluffers

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm following Softbums on twitter @lilfluffers

    ReplyDelete
  44. daily tweet! http://twitter.com/lilfluffers/status/19665520627

    ReplyDelete
  45. I think the happy robots are adorable! I like you on facebook, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love the powderpuff and the buttercup
    tamweiss1021@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love the snowcone softbums

    Audriannasmamaw(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I like you on facebook

    My fb id is Jenny Pecor

    Audriannasmamaw(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I like softbums on facebook

    Audriannasmamaw(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  50. I already follow you on twitter

    @momtoablessing

    Audriannasmamaw(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  51. I'm boring, I like the coconut! It works best when dressing my girl up, there's no tacky print peeking through her covers and clashing with her outfit!
    aubrie.jo.williams@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. I like you on Facebook
    aubrie.jo.williams@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. I like SoftBums on Facebook
    aubrie.jo.williams@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. I follow you on Twitter
    aubrie.jo.williams@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. I follow softbums on twitter

    @momtoablessing

    Audriannasmamaw(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  56. I follow Softbums on Twitter
    aubrie.jo.williams@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. I tweeted here

    http://twitter.com/momtoablessing/status/19666669666

    Audriannasmamaw(at)aol(dot)Com

    ReplyDelete
  58. I tweeted about your giveaway
    aubrie.jo.williams@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. I shared your giveaway info on Facebook!
    aubrie.jo.williams@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. I shared ur button on my blog http://momtoablessing.blogspot.com/

    audriannasmamaw(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  61. It's always hard for me to pick a favorite color! I love the Later Gator print, and of the solids I think my favorite is Ocean. (although I love Sprout and Nuclear Pumpkin and if I had a girl I'd totally choose the adorable Bubblegum)

    katiekstewart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  62. I follow your blog with GFC

    katiekstewart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  63. I'm a Fan of yours on Facebook (Katie Farish Stewart)

    katiekstewart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  64. I Like Softbums on Facebook (Katie Farish Stewart)

    katiekstewart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. I follow you on Twitter (@katie0stewart)

    katiekstewart@gamil.com

    ReplyDelete
  66. I love the snowcone color. Thanks for reviewing this diaper! I was wanting to try this kind of cd.

    tmshipe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  67. i follow this blog!

    tmshipe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  68. I like you on Facebook

    tmshipe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. I'm following Softbums on Twitter (@katie0stewart)

    katiekstewart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  70. I emailed a link to this blog to two friends.

    tmshipe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  71. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/katie0stewart/status/19668988350

    katiekstewart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  72. I shared this giveaway by emailing a link to the giveaway to my cousin Hailey. I know she's used Softbums and really likes them. Last time I saw her, she was showing hers to me and telling me how much she likes it!! So I know she'd love to win another! Thanks

    katiekstewart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  73. I love the ocean color! cstevens2004@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  74. I love the nuclear pumpkin! Love orange diapers!

    mariahm22 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  75. Blog follower!

    mariahm22 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  76. Twitter follower @callthewind

    mariahm22 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  77. Following softbums on twitter! @callthewind

    mariahm22 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  78. http://twitter.com/callthewind/status/19672859044 Tweet!

    mariahm22 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  79. I shared this giveaway on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  80. I love the chocolate color!

    heatherandscott030709 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  81. Like you on Facebook - Heather S.

    heatherandscott030709 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  82. Like Softbums on Facebook - Heather S.

    heatherandscott030709 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  83. Ocean is my favorite!
    rebeccaw2005 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  84. I follow your blog
    rebeccaw2005 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  85. I like you on facebook as rebeccaw2005
    rebeccaw2005 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  86. I like softbums on facebook
    rebeccaw2005 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  87. Following SoftBums on Twitter as beccaann38
    rebeccaw2005 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  88. http://twitter.com/beccaann38/status/19674717425
    rebeccaw2005 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  89. I liked you on FB :)

    ReplyDelete
  90. I would have to go with the chocolate since I still don't have a brown cloth diaper!
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  91. I like softbuns on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  92. I like you on fb
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  93. I follow softbums on twitter
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  94. tweet
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/19674869048
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  95. I like the Later Gator print shell - I'm all about prints these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  96. oops, forgot to leave my email.. it's boatbumme at hotmail.com

    Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  97. I have the light blue shell, but the next on our list is the powder puff print, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  98. I like Ocean!

    girotih@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  99. I like Softbums on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  100. I follow your blog.

    girottih@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  101. I follow SoftBums on Twitter. (ILoveClothDipes)

    girottih@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  102. I tweeted: http://twitter.com/ILoveClothDipes/status/19675775704

    girottih@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  103. I voted for you on Top Mommy Blogs!

    girottih@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  104. I shared about this giveaway on my facebook page for all my CDing mommy friends!

    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1646018111

    ReplyDelete
  105. My favorite color is sprout.
    waterlily_mc@juno.com

    ReplyDelete
  106. I'm "cousin Hailey" and would love to win a Bubblegum Softbums diaper pack. I could use a few more diapers, and I really like Softbums!

    ReplyDelete
  107. I'm following your blog now.

    hailey318@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  108. I like you on facebook too!
    hailey318@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  109. I like softbums on facebook now too!

    hailey318@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  110. I follow your blog through Google

    ReplyDelete
  111. My favorite color of Softbums is Sage!

    colljerr at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  112. I follow your blog publicly with GFC - ColleenM.

    colljerr at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  113. I like you on Facebook (Colleen Maurina).

    colljerr at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  114. I like Softbums on Facebook (Colleen Maurina).

    colljerr at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  115. I've never heard of soft bums before, but I LOVE this dipe! Looks awesome!
    My fave is tied between the robots and the oogas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  116. Ii'm a new liker of SoftBums on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  117. I would like the Later Gator, or the snowcone rjsandall at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  118. tweeted http://twitter.com/mamahen16/statuses/19679757751

    ReplyDelete
  119. shared it on facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100001138581191

    ReplyDelete
  120. I like all the colors! But I think my favorite is the orange since that is my favorite color, too! dibraaksma@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  121. I liked softbums on Facebook! dibraaksma@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  122. mlberner@hotmail.com loves the buttercup! Softbums

    ReplyDelete
  123. I really like the lator gator print, but I like the nuclear pumpkin the best out of the solid colors.

    ReplyDelete
  124. http://twitter.com/chany10/status/19682172990

    ReplyDelete
  125. I like the happy robots print or the ocean blue color.

    kmcgowan717 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  126. I like Softbums on Facebook.

    gleavesn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  127. I'm following you on Twitter (as NataliLuna)

    ReplyDelete
  128. I really like the sage shell color.

    jhthompson2 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  129. I'm following Softbums on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  130. I follow this blog.

    jhthompson2 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  131. I visited the Softbums website and I love the Bubblegum pink color!

    ReplyDelete
  132. Love the Chocolate Color
    rasmith0506 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  133. Follow via Google Friends Connect
    rasmith0506 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  134. 'Like' you on FB: Rebecca Smith
    rasmith0506 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  135. 'Like' Softbums on FB: Rebecca Smith
    rasmith0506 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  136. Follow Softbums on Twitter - LilyBearLove
    rasmith0506 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  137. I just tweeted about this giveaway!

    gleavesn at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  138. http://twitter.com/LilyBearLove/status/19686562643
    rasmith0506 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete