Detergent is one of the biggest obstacles when starting to or continuing to cloth diaper. In fact, it is the #1 reason I didn't start at my son's birth.
Believe it or not, detergent is a rather controversial subject. There are a few "cloth safe diaper detergent" charts out there that give detergents rankings based on whether they contain ingredients like dye, fragrance, brighteners, whiteners, enzymes and so forth.
Like so many others, I didn't want to risk hurting my diapers, or my kid's tushie. So, when I couldn't find a "safe" detergent locally, I gave up. Then the detergent drama began. I managed to find one, but then I saw it was not safe on another chart. Round and round we went.
Others take the stance that you should just use what works for you, to heck with the charts. Whatever you decide, please take your diaper manufacturer's recommendations into account, especially if your diapers are under warranty!
Yappity, yap yap yap...if you have been reading my blog for a while, you remember what an awful time I had trying to get my diapers clean and stink free! Enter Rockin' Green.
Rockin’ Green:
is Dye free
comes in several yummy scents (& an unscented version for sensitive skin)
contains no fillers
contains no enzymes or optical brighteners
is 100% Phosphate free
is vegan
is great for sensitive skin
is an easy rinsing formula
is approved for military use
works wonders on microfiber stink!
is perfect for cloth diapers
is HE compatible
comes in reusable packaging
is great for all water types
is economical at .13 cents a load!
Check out the FAQs for even more info!
Kim at Rockin' Green sent me a bag with approximately 8 loads worth of detergent in it. She sent along a card with washing instructions as well as soaking instructions.
Learn from my fail: Even if you don't think you have a stink problem, soak them anyway! It's almost like getting a really deep cleansing facial scrub. When you start to use it, you might also start to break out since all of the impurities are being drawn to the surface of your skin.
You only need about a Tablespoon for a normal load (HE). That gets you about 45 loads in a standard washer, or 90 loads in an HE washer our of a $13.95 bag. She also has a version for hard water that is $2 more.
Rockin' Green comes in several great scents. I could smell it when I carried the mail up from the mailbox. Mine was marked Baby Powder, but it smelled more like cherry to me.
Lots of stinky diapers going in!
The water looked pretty gross as I soaked them!
In the end, Kim patiently and professionally answered a bunch of emails from me, helping me troubleshoot and get my diapers clean and stink free!
Make sure you check out the Rockin' Green videos on YouTube for a demonstration of soaking as well as pitting Rockin' Green against other detergents in the suds competition!
Want it? Buy it at Rockin' Green. There are three formulas and several scents to choose from, as well as detergent samples and scent cards.
Though Rockin' Green provided a free sample bag and a free bag for the giveaway, the freebies in no way affected my review. Thanks Rockin' Green!





I'd like hard rock lavender vanilla.
ReplyDeletesimplymerry at gmail.com
follow your blog
ReplyDeletesimplymerry at gmail.com
1. Hard Rock Grape Soda!
ReplyDeletelissa8869@gmail.com
FB fan
ReplyDeletesimplymerry at gmail.com
Rockin' Green FB fan
ReplyDeletesimplymerry at gmail.com
2. I'm following your blog! lissa8869@gmail.com
ReplyDelete3. I'm a Fan on Facebook! lissa8869@gmail.com
ReplyDelete4. I'm a Rockin' Green Fan on Facebook! lissa8869@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteHard Rock monkey snacks
ReplyDeleteeponineca @ yahoo.com
follow your blog
ReplyDeleteeponineca @ yahoo.com
facebook fan
ReplyDeleteeponineca @ yahoo.com
fan on Rockin green
ReplyDeleteeponineca @ yahoo.com
I want the loavendar Vanilla!
ReplyDeleteI am a friend on Facebook
ReplyDeleteI am a fan of Rockin green
ReplyDeleteAND again here ;D I LOVE Grape soda, and clean linen is nice too, but I'd love to see what monkey snacks smells like!
ReplyDeleteIsaiahsmom27@yahoo.com
I follow your blog!
ReplyDeleteHard Rock in cherry lemonade just in time for summer!
ReplyDeleteericaDOTjmailATmacDOTcom
I am a fan on facebook!
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog!
ReplyDeleteAND I am NOW a fan of Rockin Green on facebook
ReplyDeleteI'm your fb fan!
ReplyDeleteericaDOTjmailATmacDOTcom
I'm Rockin' Green's fb fan
ReplyDeleteericaDOTjmailATmacDOTcom
I love Hard Rock Mango Sorbet!
ReplyDeleteI'm a fan in FB!
ReplyDeletetairy84@hotmail.com
I'm a follower!
ReplyDeletetairy84@hotmail.com
I'm a fan of RnG in FB!!
ReplyDeletetairy84@hotmail.com
I am a fan of RnG on Facebook.
ReplyDeleteI am a fan of you on Facebook as well! ;)
ReplyDeleteI'd love to try Hard Rock Monkey Snacks. :D
ReplyDeletefefchakjune at hotmail dot com
I would love Classic Rock in Lavender Vanilla. Sounds yummy!
ReplyDeleteI'm a FB fan of yours already :) (June E.F.)
ReplyDeletefefchakjune at hotmail dot com
I'm a FB fan of Rockin Green (June E.F.)
ReplyDeletefefchakjune at hotmail dot com
I'm following your blog (Jae)
ReplyDeletefefchakjune at hotmail dot com
classic monkey snacks
ReplyDeletejill dot shoemaker at gmail dot com
rockin green facebook fan
ReplyDeletejill dot shoemaker at gmail dot com
I would like to try the unscented.
ReplyDeleteanglanigan@gmail.com
follow your blog
ReplyDeleteanglanigan@gmail.com
FB fan of you.
ReplyDeleteanglanigan@gmail.com
I would love to try the classic rock vanilla buttercream!
ReplyDeleteandrea.kruse at gmail dot com
I follow your blog
ReplyDeleteandrea.kruse at gmail dot com
I am a fan of yours on facebook (andrea potter kruse)
ReplyDeleteandrea.kruse at gmail dot com
I am a fan of Rockin' Green on facebook (andrea potter kruse)
ReplyDeleteandrea.kruse at gmail dot com
I'd like to try the Grape Soda Classic Rock !
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog !
ReplyDeleteI'm a facebook Fan ! (Melissa S.)
ReplyDeleteI'm a Fan of Rockin' Green on Facebook ! (Melissa S.)
ReplyDeleteI would choose Hard Rock in Cherry Lemonade scent!
ReplyDeletegirottih@yahoo.com
I would like to try Mango sorbet.
ReplyDeletetomokofive at gmail dot com
I follow your blog.
ReplyDeletetomokofive at gmail dot com
I would like the Classic Rock in Lavendar Vanilla - what a calming scent.
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog
ReplyDeleteI would love Hard Rock Pink Lemonade!
ReplyDeleteI fanned you on facebook.
ReplyDeleteI also became a facebook fan of Rockin' Green!
ReplyDeleteI would love to try the vanilla lavender
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog
ReplyDeletei love vanilla buttercream!
ReplyDeletei follow your blog
ReplyDeletei am a fan on facebook of u
ReplyDeletei became a fan of rockin green on facebook
ReplyDeleteI am a fb fan!!
ReplyDeleteI am a follower
ReplyDeleteI like the lavender/vanilla
ReplyDeleteI am a rockin green fb fan
ReplyDeleteI'm a fan of rockin green on FB!
ReplyDeleteI would love to try the Hard Rock version in the grape soda or mango sorbet scents! or maybe lemon. so hard to decide!!
ReplyDeleteI'm a fan of yours on Facebook!
ReplyDeleteI'm a follower!
ReplyDeleteI follow you =)
ReplyDeleteI'm a fan of you =D
ReplyDeleteI am a fan of Rockin' Green =D!
ReplyDeleteand I'd like to try Classic Rock in Cherry Almond or Vanilla Lavender - I really have wanted to order samples!!!
ReplyDeleteFresh linen classic rock, please!
ReplyDeleteneajus at hotmail dot com
I am a fan on FB!
ReplyDeletebanderson0414@gmail.com
I would like hard rock cherry almond
ReplyDeletebanderson0414@gmail.com
I follow rockin green on FB!
ReplyDeletebanderson0414@gmail.com
I follow your blog!
ReplyDeletebanderson0414@gmail.com
Classic Rock in Mango Sorbet!
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog!
ReplyDeleteAnd am now a fan of yours on facebook!
ReplyDeleteI'm dying to try the classic rock in fresh linen.
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog!
ReplyDeleteI'm your facebook fan
ReplyDeleteI'm a fan of Rockin Green on Facebook
ReplyDeleteI have been dying to try the Cherry Lemonade scent of Rockin' Green, in either Classic or their new Hard Rock formula.
ReplyDeleteI now follow this blog (and wish I'd found it sooner!)
ReplyDeleteI just became a fan on Facebook too (Tori Michel).
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm already a fan of Rockin' Green on FB. Fingers crossed... I'm almost out of dipe soap and I've been dying to make the switch from Charlie's to RG!
ReplyDeleteI like the classic rock in either the Monkey snacks or Mango Sorbet scents! Yum!
ReplyDeletegaryandalesha at cox dot net
Blog follower
ReplyDeletegaryandalesha at cox dot net
FB fan of you (Alesha Y Jacobsen)
ReplyDeletegaryandalesha at cox dot net
FB fan of Rockin Green (Alesha Y Jacobsen)
ReplyDeletegaryandalesha at cox dot net
I'd love some of the Soft Rock! It only comes in unscented.
ReplyDeletemrandmrsryankolbe @ gmail.com
I'm a new follower!
ReplyDeletemrandmrsryankolbe @ gmail.com
I'm a fan of Rockin Green on Facebook!
ReplyDeletemrandmrsryankolbe @ gmail.com
I just found your blog today!!! New follower!
ReplyDeleteI'd choose monkey snacks
ReplyDeletecpropach@yahoo.com
Hard Rock Grap Soda!
ReplyDeleteI am a follower!
ReplyDeleteI'm a fan of Rockin Green on FB!
ReplyDeleteI'd like Hard Rock in Cherry Almond.
ReplyDeletechalcedonia at gmail dot com
I follow your blog.
ReplyDeleteI would love to win some Hard Rock in the Monkey Snacks scent!
ReplyDeletesbaka3 at gmail dot com
I am a follower -shan b
ReplyDeleteI am now a fb fan!
ReplyDeleteI am a FB fan of Rockin' Green!
ReplyDeleteThe Hard Rock in Cherry Almond sounds awesome!
ReplyDeletelovelykillerbee@gmail.com
I follow your blog.
ReplyDeletelovelykillerbee@gmail.com
I'm a fan of yours on facebook
ReplyDeletelovelykillerbee@gmail.com
I'm a facebook fan of Rockin Green
ReplyDeletelovelykillerbee@gmail.com
I really want to try the new Hard Rock in Grape soda
ReplyDeletebwneyes100 AT hotmail DOT com
follow
ReplyDeletebwneyes100 AT hotmail DOT com
fb fan
ReplyDeletebwneyes100 AT hotmail DOT com
fb fan of Rockin Green Soap
ReplyDeletebwneyes100 AT hotmail DOT com
I'd choose Classic Rock Vanilla Buttercream ....yum!
ReplyDeleteI'm an Abby's Lane facebook fan
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog
ReplyDeleteI'm following your blog!
ReplyDeleteI'm a fan on facebook :)
ReplyDeleteI just became a fan of Rockin' Green on facebook.
ReplyDeleteI think I would like the Peppermint Cocoa the best. It sounds wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI would love the rg in the mango sorbet!
ReplyDeleteI am a fan of RG on FB
ReplyDeleteFan of Rockin' Green on FB
ReplyDeleteClassic Rock Vanilla Buttercream smells yummy!
mommyofmadyATgmailDOTcom
I follow your blog now, too!
ReplyDeleteClassic Rock Vanilla Buttercream =)
mommyofmadyATgmailDOTcom
Lavender vanilla would be my pick!
ReplyDeleteI would like the classic rock grape soda flavor! lol
ReplyDeletemphin278 AT yahoo DOT com
I follow your blog!
ReplyDeletemphin278 AT yahoo DOT com
I"m a facebook fan!
ReplyDeletemphin278 AT yahoo DOT com
I'm a fan of rockin' green on facebook!
ReplyDeletemphin278 AT yahoo DOT com
Lavender vanilla sounds yummy!
ReplyDeleteI'm a fan of yours on FB
ReplyDeleteI'm a fan of Rockin' Green on FB
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog.
ReplyDeleteI would LOVE to try Hard Rock in Cherry Almond!
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog
ReplyDeleteI'm a facebook fan of you
ReplyDeleteI'm a facebook fan of Rockin' Green
ReplyDeletei LOVE cherry lemonade but really want to try cherry almond!
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog
ReplyDeleteI'm your fan on FB
ReplyDeleteI'm also a RnG fan on FB!
ReplyDeleteI would want Hard Rock Monkey Snacks! I already have classic rock in Mango Sorbet. They are all so tempting.
ReplyDeletemoderndayverona at gmail dot com
Classic Rock formula in the monkey snacks scent
ReplyDeleteheatherandscott030709 at gmail dot com
Follow your blog
ReplyDeleteheatherandscott030709 at gmail dot com
Fan of Rockin' Green on Facebook - heatherscholten
ReplyDeleteheatherandscott030709 at gmail dot com
classic rock - mango sorbet!
ReplyDeletetamipearson at gmail dot com
I would like the hard rock in vanilla buttercream
ReplyDeleteglass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com
I'm a facebook fan of yours (Stephanie Gaffney)
ReplyDeleteglass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com
I'm a facebook fan of rockin' green (Stephanie Gaffney)
ReplyDeleteglass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com
I think I'd go for the monkey snacks or cherry lemonade. erin dot goettsch at gmail dot com.
ReplyDeleteHmmm..they all sound like the would smell divine! I would love to try them all...but my top pick is Grape Soda. Thanks for the chance. bekki1820cb at gmail
ReplyDeleteFacebook fan: Bekki Orr bekki1820cb at gmail
ReplyDeleteFacebook fan of Rockin' Green: Bekki Orr
ReplyDeletebekki1820cb at gmail
Hard Rock - cherry Lemonade
ReplyDeleteFacebook fan of rockin' green
ReplyDeletelwyii@aol.com
Classic Rock in Vanilla Buttercream would smell delicious!
ReplyDeleteIsha
ishatan at gmail dot com
I follow your blog on GFC.
ReplyDeleteIsha
ishatan at gmail dot com
Classic Rock - Grape Soda
ReplyDeleteMonkey Snacks or Grape Soda!
ReplyDeleteI follow publicly
ReplyDeleteI'm a friend of FB
ReplyDeleteI'm a rockin Green fan on FB too!
ReplyDeleteFan of yours of facebook
ReplyDeleteheatherandscott030709 at gmail dot com
classic rock in vanilla buttercream!
ReplyDeleteHard Rock Grape Soda
ReplyDeleteI am a fan of RnG on FB.
ReplyDeleteI would love to try the Hard Rock in Cherry Lemonade or Grape soda! sallyjanelouk@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteI'm a fan on FB
ReplyDeleteI'm a fan of Rockin Green on FB
ReplyDeleteI'm a fan - classic unscented or fresh linen!
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog
ReplyDeleteMango sorbet sounds great!
ReplyDeletea_heart4home[at]yahoo[dot]com
we follow your blog
ReplyDeletea_heart4home[at]yahoo[dot]com
I like the Hard Rock Lavender Vanilla.
ReplyDeletefrugalsciencegal [at] gmail [dot] com
I follow your blog.
ReplyDeletefrugalsciencegal [at] gmail [dot] com
The monkey snacks scent sounds great!
ReplyDeleteI'd like classic rock in lavender vanilla.
ReplyDeleteI'm a rockin' green FB fan
ReplyDeleteI would love the grape soda!
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog.
ReplyDeleteKaren Bridges
FB FAN of RNG: Karen Bridges
ReplyDeleteFB FAN of your site: Karen Bridges
ReplyDeleteI like cherry lemonade
ReplyDeletekayla.dishon@gmail.com
Rockin Green FB fan (Kayla Dishon)
ReplyDeletekayla.dishon@gmail.com
FB fan of rockin green (Lacie Evans)
ReplyDeleteevans.lacie@gmail.com
Hard rock in fresh linen!
I like the vanilla lavender.
ReplyDeleteosrividya@yahoo.com
I like the try the vanilla lavender scent.
ReplyDeletedani (at) tdnet (dot) us
I follow your blog on google friend connect
ReplyDeletedani (at) tdnet (dot) us
I'd love to try the Cherry Almond.
ReplyDeletet. nigh @verizon.net
Facebook Fan of Rockin' Green
ReplyDeletet. nigh @ verizon.net
Facebook Fan of yours!
ReplyDeletet. nigh @ verizon.net
Following your blog.
ReplyDeletet. nigh @ verizon.net
I think that hard rock in Cherry Lemonade sounds like it would smell good
ReplyDeletekerrie@mayansfamily.com
I am a follower
ReplyDeletekerrie@mayansfamily.com
Shanna! I love Lavender Vanilla!
ReplyDeletewinterpoet13@gmail.com
fanned rockin' green on facebook!
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog
ReplyDeleteI am a facebook fan of yours!
ReplyDelete