content='IE=EmulateIE7' http-equiv='X-UA-Compatible'/> Change-Diapers.com, Fitteds and Pockets and Snappis, oh my! Change-Diapers.com, Fitteds and Pockets and Snappis, oh my!: Spotgirl Cloth Napkins Review & Giveaway CLOSED 5/1

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://change-diapers.com
and update your bookmarks.

21 April, 2010

Spotgirl Cloth Napkins Review & Giveaway CLOSED 5/1



Over the years, we've cut way back on the amount of paper products we use.  Everyday cloth napkins have been on my list for a while.  For most people, disposable products are a big expense, and switching to reusable can save them a lot.

Not so for us.  The last time I bought napkins was 6 months ago.  It was two packs of 180 napkins, and we still have about 120 left.  So, we used 240 napkins in 6 months.  That's around 10 napkins per week.  We only use one every few days (we used dish cloths, towels and wash cloths in place of paper products), but whenever we have guests over, the napkin holder is emptied quickly.

In October, I paid $3.00 for 360 name brand napkins, and that's more than I usually pay.  So, at less than a penny each, it would take a long time for cloth napkins to pay for themselves.

Since my son has been eating solids, we're more likely to reach for a napkin to clean up spills if we've forgotten to grab a washcloth before we start.  I know I could just put some wash cloths in the napkin holder, but darn it, I want them to be pretty!  I had been looking for a while and I knew that napkins that fit what I was looking for weren't going to be cheap.  When I saw the napkins that Spotgirl had for sale on Etsy, I had to get them.

The print was awesome.  The first I had seen that I really, really liked (and I've been looking for a while).


They are double sided.  Three have dots and three have stripes.


They are topstitched, so the edges stay flat with no ironing.  The stitching is absolutely impeccable.


The woven cotten fabric is soft, but durable.  I am sure the color will start to fade and the fabric wear over time, but not like cotton flannel or other fabrics.

The napkins are 12 x 12, making them the same size as a paper napkin when folded.


They look great on my table!


The napkins are sold in sets of three for $9.00, plus $3.00 shipping.  I bought two sets, so the shipping for the second set was just $1.00.  No outrageous shipping charges.  The net cost for each napkin was $3.67.  That's less than two packs of napkins on sale.  I wouldn't be surprised if a family of four went through a pack of napkins every week or two if they're accustomed to using them at every meal.  For me, this was a splurge purchase (and a save the earth purchase), but I am certain they could save other families money.

My daughter was really excited when she saw the colorful package in the mail!

I was so excited to get these, it definitely felt like a present!


Spotgirl also has a personalized stationery store, so it was neat to get a little thank you card.  But what I realized when I took it out of it's sleeve is that it was blank inside, so I can use it as a thank you to someone else!  So really, it was a thank you and a sample rolled into one.

Want some?  Shop Spotgirl on Etsy or her stationery store spotgirl.net.

Want to win it?

Spotgirl is offering up a set of three cloth napkins in the Little Owls print.

Sweet owls on a chocolate brown background, backed with pale lime polka-dots.

These napkins are 100% mom tested! We use ours every day as lunchbox napkins or snack time place mats. Ideal for lunches on the go, especially picnics at the playground.


Napkins are double sided, making them extra durable. Top stitching ensures that edges stay flat - no ironing required! Cotton fabric has been pre-washed and becomes softer and softer with every use and washing.


Set of three: one for lunchbox or table, one for the cupboard and one in the wash. Napkins measure 12 x 12" square.


You will feel good about using these adorable napkins over and over again. I hope you like them as much as we do!
 
Here's how to enter:
 
1. Comment on this post.  Anything you like.  Flattery gets you everywhere with me, but it won't help you win this giveaway.  ;-)
2. Follow my blog publicly.  Current followers count.  Comment saying you're a follower to get your entry.
3. Fan me on Facebook.  Current fans count.  Comment saying you're a fan to get your entry.
4. Fan spotgirl on Facebook.  Comment saying you're a fan to get your entry.
5. Follow me on Twitter.  Current followers count.  Comment saying you're a follower to get your entry. 
6. Tweet about this giveaway.  One tweet/entry per day.  Comment with a link to your tweet to get your entry.  (Please be sure to include @chgdiapers and a link to this post)
7. Write a blog post about this giveaway and link to it. Post a comment with a link to your post for your entry.
8. Add spotgirl as a favorite shop on etsy.  Comment that you added her as a favorite to get your entry. 
 


I will accept entries until Saturday, May 1st, 2010 at 9:00 P.M.
 
I'll use random.org's true random number generator to select a winner, then notify the winner via email.
 
Please be sure to leave your email address in your comment if it isn't in your profile
 
Thank you to spotgirl for providing the napkins for the giveaway!

Edit August 2010: We are still using these napkins daily and love them!!

134 comments:

  1. (forgot my email the first time!)

    These are so cute! We don't use many paper napkins- we use baby washcloths instead, but these are way cuter!

    kellymiknaitis at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of your on FB!

    kellymiknaitis at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Another giveaway! Love them! :)

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a follower of yours!

    kellymiknaitis at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow your blog!

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a fb fan!

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow on Twitter!

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I favorite'd spotgirl on etsy!
    kellymiknaitis at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/12576361027

    erica DOT jmail AT Mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a fb fan of spotgirl!

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love cloth napkins! we use them at home all the time. so much nicer than paper :)

    tamipearson at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i follow your blog

    tamipearson at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. On Saturday morning, I was running late (as usual) and my dear husband made me tea in my travel mug for me to take with me. As I was running out the door, I grabbed the mug, not realizing that he had not quite screwed the lid on super tight. Hot tea went everywhere - all over the kitchen table, all over the floor, and all over me. I immediately grabbed paper towels and started mopping it up, but then I felt really guilty. It wouldn't have taken me but two extra seconds to reach under the sink and pull out reusable dish cloths.

    So, the morals of my story are 1) hurrying never gets you anywhere faster (I had to clean up and then go change) and 2) always think about your options. I never thought about how much I am wasting with paper towels as napkins, but I bet I really am wasteful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fan of Spotgirl on FB (Angel Doles)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I follow your blog. I LOVE all the things you post and giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to win these. We could really use some cloth napkins, as I only have a few. We love owls at our house, so these would be perfect!

    beautyformyashes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Following your blog!

    beautyformyashes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fan on facebook!
    beautyformyashes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. fan of spotgirl on facebook! beautyformyashes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. following you on twitter

    beautyformyashes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love these napkins! I love cloth napkins in general and can always use some more!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I already follow you on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tweeted!
    http://twitter.com/SheilaATurner

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow...those are so cute, and our family is moving toward less disposable, more reusable.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I follow your blog

    kdbroden at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am a facebook fan

    kdbroden at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am spotgirl's fb fan

    kdbroden at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I follow you on twitter

    kdbroden at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Added Spotgirl as a favorite on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I tweeted the giveaway
    http://twitter.com/ZeesMommie

    kdbroden at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. These napkins are so cute!

    frugalsciencegal [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Two of my favorite things right now: an eco-friendly product and a cute owl print!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I added spotgirl as a favorite shop on etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  34. spotgirl is an etsy favorite

    kdbroden at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  35. i have that same napkin holder! hehe

    ashleppek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I follow your blog!

    ashleppek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm a fan of yours on facebook!

    ashleppek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I follow you on twitter!

    ashleppek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am a follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I follow you on Twitter. (aussiemamma)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Those little owls are so cute, my friend would love them!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm a follower of your blog!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm your fan on facebook!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I"m a spotgirl fan on facebook!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I follow you on twitter!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DoT com

    ReplyDelete
  46. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/12606762950

    Tweeted!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  47. http://sapsgiveaways.blogspot.com/2010/04/spotgirl-cloth-napkins-giveaway-by-f-oh.html

    Bloged about the giveaway!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Those napkins are so cute! I love owls as well! And um you are hot. :p

    Ulkieab at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I am a follower.

    Ulkieab at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'm a facebook fan of spotgirl

    ReplyDelete
  51. I added Spotgirl as a favorite on Etsy

    ReplyDelete
  52. I blogged about this giveaway at http://nelliesdaughter.blogspot.com/2010/04/spring-giveaways.html

    ReplyDelete
  53. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/12658344425

    DAily tweet!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/12681155133

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  55. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/12708702882

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  56. Fun giveaway! Very cute napkins!

    householdcents @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. Awesome! I recieved some very similar to these at christmas and believe me, I have been using them every single day! These are so great to have!

    lmerritt49903@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. I follow on twitter!
    @lmerritt49903

    lmerritt49903@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. We're slowly building our cloth napkin stash, and these are super cute! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  60. FB fan of Spotgirl (Sara Daniel)

    ReplyDelete
  61. What a fabulous giveaway. Love the owls.

    marypres@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  62. Tweet!

    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/12768393968

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  63. I follow you on FB

    psnewmommie09 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  64. I also follow you on Twitter!

    psnewmommie09 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  65. I am a fan publicly on here too


    psnewmommie09 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  66. I also added ShopGirl as a favorite at Etsy!

    psnewmommie09 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  67. Again, I just wanted to say, I love your blogs, and the information you give. :D

    ReplyDelete
  68. Those owls are adorable!

    mearley1979 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  69. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/12798088887

    Daily tweet!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  70. I like the colors on ur blog, easy on the eyes which makes everything easy to read.

    maynekitty [at] live [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  71. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/12838996223

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  72. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/12842348479

    Daily tweet!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  73. I like the idea of reusable cloth napkins, it helps cut back on paper products and it is good for the environment too.... plus the prints are adorable!

    micaela6955 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  74. blog follower via GFC

    micaela6955 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  75. your twitter follower @micaela6955

    micaela6955 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  76. your facebook fan Michele Pineda

    micaela6955 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  77. I use cloth napkins too, I'm trying to cut down on paper towel use. I would really love to win some more:) Thanks for the chance.
    anglanigan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  78. follow via GFC
    anglanigan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  79. FB fan of you!
    anglanigan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  80. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/12902112137

    erica dOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  81. Super cute! Thanks for the awesome giveaways on your super awesome blog!!! :-)
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  82. These are so cute! I have been wanting to switch to cloth napkins for awhile now.

    ReplyDelete
  83. Tweet http://twitter.com/mspeegle/status/12923962455

    ReplyDelete
  84. TWeet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/12957991705

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  85. I follow you!

    immortal DOT vixen AT Gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  86. OH! and I just love those patterns!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  87. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/12977301193

    Daily tweet!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  88. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/13006127765

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  89. Blogged about it http://atrioofboys.blogspot.com/2010/04/new-blog-to-follow-giveaways.html

    ReplyDelete
  90. tweeted http://twitter.com/micaela6955/status/13040881601

    micaela6955 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  91. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/13047860939

    Daily tweet!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  92. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/13089858107

    Daily tweet!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  93. I blogged about this giveaway!

    http://the-elwells.blogspot.com/2010/04/things-i-love-thursdays-blog-giveaways.html

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  94. I love how cute these napkins are. I hope I win!
    dani at tdnet dot us

    ReplyDelete
  95. I am a FB fan. dani at tdnet dot us

    ReplyDelete
  96. I am also a Spotgirl FB fan. dani at tdnet dot us

    ReplyDelete
  97. I faved spotgirl on Etsy. dani at tdnet dot us

    ReplyDelete
  98. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/13096014348

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  99. I follow your blog and think you are a genius! I love it!
    pewjumper_for_christ@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  100. I follow you on FB
    pewjumper_for_christ@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  101. How very awesome! And so cute. Thanks for sharing such a cool link

    tommygirl828 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  102. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/13136996366

    ReplyDelete
  103. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/13170214286

    DAily tweet!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOt com

    ReplyDelete
  104. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/13192231159

    erica dOT jmail AT mac dOT com

    ReplyDelete
  105. super cute designs thanks for the chance eaglesforjack@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  106. I'm so glad I discovered your blog today!

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  107. I am a public follower of your blog via Google Friend: allibrary.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  108. I added spotgirl as a favorite shop.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  109. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/13205200003

    Daily tweet!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  110. I've been thinking of making some of these - I'm bookmarking the site just in case I don't because these are really reasonable priced!

    at gmail: a midg rn

    ReplyDelete