content='IE=EmulateIE7' http-equiv='X-UA-Compatible'/> Change-Diapers.com, Fitteds and Pockets and Snappis, oh my! Change-Diapers.com, Fitteds and Pockets and Snappis, oh my!: BabyKicks Bumboo Pocket Diaper Review and Giveaway CLOSED

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://change-diapers.com
and update your bookmarks.

24 May, 2010

BabyKicks Bumboo Pocket Diaper Review and Giveaway CLOSED

babykicks 

BabyKicks has been Family owned and based in my home state of Maryland since 2007.  I was really impressed to see on their history page that some of it's production is done by local disabled workshops.


Their products are primarily natural fiber hemp products.  Here is some great info to answer the question, "why hemp?"


BabyKicks sent me a Bumboo Pocket Diaper, and they are sending one lucky blog reader the same!


The Bumboo Pocket is a one-size pocket diaper with snap down rise adjustment.


Bamboo Fleece stay dry inner.  (Oops, my mistake, bamboo fleece isn't a stay dry material like microfleece.)


and PUL outer.


Several things make it different than any other diaper I have.


The pocket opening is in the front of the diaper.  When they're in the back, there's always that chance that you'll have to stick your hand in a mess to pull the insert out!

It's also the only side snapping diaper I have.  Instead of the wings wrapping around and snapping on the front, the front of the diaper wraps around and snaps on the side.


This makes it easier to keep diapers on streaker wannabes, and you can also use the diapers as pull up trainers. 


In the photo above, you can somewhat see that there is fleece around the leg openings, to prevent wicking.


This is also the only diaper I have with a fully hemp insert (no microfiber.)


The multi color snaps are not only cute, but make it easier to remember which snaps fit, saving time on diaper changes.

The one size diapers should fit 7-35 pounds; the small setting is quite small.


The large setting, fully stretched, is in line with other one-size pockets I've tried.


I tried it on my son on the next-to-smallest size.


I'll admit, the side snapping was hard to get used to.  After several years of closing diapers in the front, it's just different!


We got a great fit, and there were plenty more snaps to get it more snug if needed.



The hemparoo joey bunz insert was very absorbent, and it will continue to become more absorbent as I wash it more.  I just need a little more practice stuffing the diaper to get the best fold/placement of the medium insert on smaller rise settings.  The diaper retails for $18.50 and includes the insert.  I think this is a pretty good price for a one size pocket diaper made with natural fibers.

P.S. Babykicks has a Facebook Fan Page and a Twitter Account.  I feel like a real dummy, but I didn't think they had them since I couldn't find them.  I think I was typing Baby Kicks instead of BabyKicks on Facebook, and I have an awful time finding people on Twitter.  All that came up was bunches of people who also mistakenly typed BabyKicks instead of BabyKicksUSA.  In any case, I'm not counting those as entries since it wouldn't be fair to change the rules in the middle of the game.  Sorry folks, I think I need some sleep!

Want one?  BabyKicks is sending a Bumboo Pocket Diaper to one lucky blog reader!

Here's how to enter:

1. Visit the BabyKicks store and tell me what other product you're interested in.
2. Follow my blog publicly.  Comment to get your entry.
3. Fan me on Facebook, comment to get your entry.
4. Follow me on Twitter, comment to get your entry.
5. Tweet about this giveaway.  One tweet per day please.  Be sure to include @chgdiapers in your tweet.  Comment here to get your entry.  You can use this tweet if you like.  @chgdiapers has a BabyKicks pocket diaper up for grabs. #clothdiapers #giveaway http://bit.ly/9txdUZ ends 6/7
6. Blog about this giveaway and link back to me.  Leave a comment with a link to your post to get your entry.

Open to the U.S. only, I will accept entries until Monday, June 7th, 2010 at 9:00 P.M., EST.

Please be sure to leave your email address in your comment if it isn't visible in your profile.  If I cannot contact you, I will choose another winner.  Winner will be chosen with Random.org's true random number generator and the winner will be contacted by email.

Thank you to BabyKicks for providing the review and giveaway diapers at no charge.  The freebies in no way affected my review, all opinions are my own.

469 comments:

  1. I also am interested in the Bummis Super Brite Cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use babykick hemp inserts and I love them alot. I'd love to try their pocket or fitted diaper!

    I also have a bummis super brite I love it as well, my favorite cover after thristies duo.

    Pixi6s @ yahoo . com

    ReplyDelete
  4. im a fan of yours on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. tweet
    http://twitter.com/rpmartins/statuses/14622987922

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to try the super brite covers!

    m_biebs@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow your blog publicly

    m_biebs@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. the super brite covers are adorable
    a_heart4home at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. https://twitter.com/heart4home/status/14624902718
    a_heart4home at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to try the premium washies! I really want to switch to cloth wipes but don't know the best to get

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. blogged
    http://somegreatgiveaways.blogspot.com/2010/05/babykicks-bumboo-one-size-pocket-diaper.html
    a_heart4home at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I follow your blog

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I follow on twitter

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tweet!

    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/14625762941
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. their hempies dolls are so cute! i would also love to try their washies :)

    tamipearson at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i follow your blog!

    tamipearson at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm interested in their Organic Fitted Diaper.

    ReplyDelete
  18. tweet
    http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/14631484117

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the covers.

    zusymoose at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I follow your blog!

    zusymoose at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fan on FB!

    zusymoose at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. the covers.
    mverno@roarnner.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd love to try the hemp pre-folds!

    coupon_mommy(at)live(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I follow you blog publicly.

    coupon_mommy(at)live(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm a FB fan.

    coupon_mommy(at)live(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like the gift bags, although $10 seems a little high for a re-usable bag. Cute though! jill dot shoemaker at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I follow you with google reader

    jill dot shoemaker at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm also interested in their small prefolds for newborns. I've been wanting some.

    girottih@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I follow your blog publicly.

    girottih@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I also like their super brite covers.
    dani at tdnet dot us

    ReplyDelete
  31. I publicly follow your blog.
    dani at tdnet dot us

    ReplyDelete
  32. I liked you on FB.
    dani at tdnet dot us

    ReplyDelete
  33. This diaper looks so neat! I'd also love to try out their nursing pads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I would love to try the washies too!

    gdy2shoes23(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am a facebook fan! (katrina welch)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am also interested in the organic fitteds.

    shawna.mcallister@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am a follower.

    shawna.mcallister@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. tweeted!

    http://twitter.com/katrinawelch/status/14639496671

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm dying to try the Joey Bunz insert for my heavy wetter!

    aubrey_ls at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'd also like to try the BabyKicks Organic fitted

    heatherandscott030709 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I follow your blog publicly!

    aubrey_ls at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Follow your blog publicly!

    heatherandscott030709 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm a fan on Facebook!

    aubrey_ls at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Fan on Facebook - heatherscholten

    heatherandscott030709 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I follow you on Twitter!

    aubrey_ls at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. I tweeted!

    http://twitter.com/AGZ8/status/14640730609

    aubrey_ls at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Interested in their prefolds, they look really absorbent!
    flowers7886@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I follow your blog!
    flowers7886@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I fan you on facebook.
    flowers7886 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  50. I follow you on twitter.
    flowers7886 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  51. I tweeted!
    https://twitter.com/okiebelle/status/14643681559

    ReplyDelete
  52. I like their Hemparoo® Washies/Wipes

    ReplyDelete
  53. tweeted! http://twitter.com/helenlamby/status/14643930200

    ReplyDelete
  54. I really like their "Hempie" dolls. Those are very cute and I bet kids just love to cuddle them.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I follow on twitter as OrPaBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  56. Tweet! http://twitter.com/OrPaBLOG/status/14646032857

    ReplyDelete
  57. I'm publicly following you.

    girlforgotten81@AOL.COM

    ReplyDelete
  58. I like you on FB

    girlforgotten81@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. I like the super brite covers! too cute!

    girlforgotten81@AOL.COM

    ReplyDelete
  60. I would also be interested in their hemp diaper doublers.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I follow you on Twitter. lisaro7

    ReplyDelete
  62. Tweet: http://twitter.com/lisaro7/status/14652226028

    ReplyDelete
  63. I like the Green Super Brite Covers.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I like the super brite cover in green! Thanks!

    kayprks88@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. I follow publicly - google friend connect.

    kayprks88@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  66. Follow on twitter: kayprks

    kayprks88@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  67. tweet: http://twitter.com/kayprks/status/14655247149

    kayprks88@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  68. I would like to try their organic fitted diaper out.

    thoma455 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  69. I follow you publicly

    thoma455 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  70. I am your FB fan

    thoma455 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  71. I would really like to try their BabyKicks Organic Fitted.

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  72. I follow your blog publicly

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  73. I am a fan of yours on facebook

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  74. I follow you on Twitter (@trvlgrl121)

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  75. I tweeted: http://twitter.com/trvlgrl121/statuses/14656475855

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  76. I blogged about this giveaway: http://thelittlehedgehog.blogspot.com/2010/05/fitteds-and-pockets-and-snappis-oh-my_24.html

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  77. I also like the organic fitted and would like to try that for night-time.

    ReplyDelete
  78. I follow you on twitter. @kumquatsicle

    ReplyDelete
  79. I tweeted.
    http://twitter.com/kumquatsicle/status/14658058421

    ReplyDelete
  80. I would bu some doubler liners

    ReplyDelete
  81. http://twitter.com/sodahoney/status/14659452321

    ReplyDelete
  82. I want to try the joey-bunz!

    ReplyDelete
  83. I like the receiving blanket

    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  84. tweet: http://twitter.com/kayprks/status/14689604781

    kayprks88@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  85. I'd like the try the hemp prefolds!

    ReplyDelete
  86. I'd like to try a Bummis Super Brite cover!

    ReplyDelete
  87. I am interested in the Organic Fitted Diaper

    amytarnold(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  88. I'm interested in everything! Been thinking about cloth diapering and everything is so different about it.


    islandgirl706@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  89. tweet
    http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/14699349338
    tomokofive at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  90. I would be interested in getting some of the doublers

    sksteuart87 at yahoo dot come

    ReplyDelete
  91. following on facebook

    sksteuart87 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  92. following on twitter

    sksteuart87 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  93. I follow your blog through GFC.
    kimberlysummer40@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  94. I like you on facebook.

    kimberlysummer40@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  95. I foloow you on twitter.
    @musicmakingmama
    kimberlysummer40@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  96. I'm super interested in their prefolds!
    clothdiapermommy at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  97. I publicly follow
    clothdiapermommy at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  98. Now a FB fan
    clothdiapermommy at yahoo dot com

    the email I use for FB is beccalynn214 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  99. cute diaper! I like the different color snaps!

    I also like the Washies/Wipes 10pack

    twoofakind868@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  100. I follow you on Twitter. My Twitter name is clothdiapermomm
    clothdiapermommy at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  101. http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/14705450874
    a_heart4home at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  102. That's a cute diaper, love the different colored snaps!
    The Super Brite Covers are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  103. Became a fan on Facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  104. Following you on Twitter! (@tashadawn)

    ReplyDelete
  105. tweeted! @chgdiapers has a BabyKicks pocket diaper up for grabs. #clothdiapers #giveaway http://bit.ly/9txdUZ ends 6/7

    ReplyDelete
  106. I am also interested in the prefolds and I just signed up to follow your blog.

    wanna.be.mother.not.there.yet@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  107. I'm interested in the hemp jersey nursing pads
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  108. follow your blog publicly
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  109. follow you on twitter @skgaff
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  110. tweet: http://twitter.com/skgaff/status/14711984880
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  111. Tweet!

    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/14689552586

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  112. I would really like to try the duz-it-all. It looks pretty handy

    ReplyDelete
  113. I would love to try these one size diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  114. The Hemp Jersey nursing pads are what i'm interested in!

    ReplyDelete
  115. Daily tweet: http://twitter.com/lisaro7/status/14718880578

    ReplyDelete
  116. One thing that I really want to try is the BabyKicks Organic Fitted. I love the look of it and have been wanting to try it for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  117. http://twitter.com/sodahoney/status/14734135281

    ReplyDelete
  118. Doubler (Liner)

    Can always use those too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  119. I also like the super brite covers
    naturalbabygiveaways at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  120. following on twitter
    naturalbabygiveaways at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  121. I would like to try the Organic Fitted
    bcgood83@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  122. I definitely want to try to Bumboo, but I'd also like to try the Joey Bunz in the pocket diapers I already have. I have heard such good things about them!

    ReplyDelete
  123. Following you on Twitter @hannahcookcross

    ReplyDelete
  124. Tweeted!
    http://twitter.com/hannahcookcross/statuses/14743625633

    ReplyDelete
  125. I think the BabyKicks organic fitted diaper looks great, too. I love that it's made of hemp (for absorbancy) and has a pocket so you can stuff as much or as little as needed.

    jdeemarie @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  126. I follow your blog.

    jdeemarie @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  127. I tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/jdeemarie/status/14744527190

    jdeemarie @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  128. I think the joey bunz products look interesting. It would be helpful to add to a night diaper I think.

    ReplyDelete
  129. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/14756687313

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  130. tweet! http://twitter.com/kayprks/status/14758272459

    kayprks88@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  131. I would like to try the washies/wipes.
    jackson_marie@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  132. I follow you publicly
    jackson_marie@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  133. I am a fan on FB
    jackson_marie@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  134. I follow you on twitter
    @lleslein
    jackson_marie@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  135. I tweeted: @chgdiapers has a BabyKicks pocket diaper up for grabs. #clothdiapers #giveaway http://bit.ly/9txdUZ ends 6/7

    @lleslein
    jackson_marie@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  136. tweet: http://twitter.com/skgaff/status/14766220852
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  137. Love the Bummis covers.

    chrisandmaia at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  138. I would like to try the Bummis super-brite cover in blue.

    romancingthestork (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  139. tweet
    http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/14771832380

    ReplyDelete
  140. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  141. Fan on FB!

    chancetoflyaway@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  142. Following blog pubicly

    chancetoflyaway@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  143. Twitter follower

    chancetoflyaway@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  144. babykicks store:

    I'm always interested in trying a new liner.

    ReplyDelete
  145. I tweeted: http://twitter.com/trvlgrl121/statuses/14778412667

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  146. I am also interested in the washies/wipes
    theaguilars at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  147. I am a blog follower
    theaguilars at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  148. I am a fan on facebook
    theaguilars at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  149. I follow you on twitter
    theaguilars at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  150. http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/14779724245
    a_heart4home at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  151. I'm in the process of test driving cloth diapers so the Joey is tempting too!

    ReplyDelete
  152. I'd like to try the super brite covers.

    ReplyDelete
  153. I think the Super Brite covers are adorable!

    thedealscoop @ yahoo . com

    ReplyDelete
  154. "liked" you on Facebook

    thedealscoop @ yahoo . com

    ReplyDelete
  155. Following you on twitter (Deal_Scoop)

    thedealscoop @ yahoo . com

    ReplyDelete
  156. i'd love a superbrite cover
    adamsblankie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  157. google friend follower
    adamsblankie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  158. following on twitter @adamsblankie
    adamsblankie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  159. Daily tweet: http://twitter.com/lisaro7/status/14789151666

    ReplyDelete
  160. daily tweet
    http://twitter.com/teamshoemaker/status/14805637613

    ReplyDelete
  161. I'd love to try the organic hemp fitted. My girl has issues with PUL on her legs.

    ReplyDelete
  162. I'd love to get some Snappis!

    Thanks for hosting this great giveaway!
    osggiveaways at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  163. following publicly via GFC!
    osggiveaways at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  164. following you on twitter (@HappyReviews)
    osggiveaways at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  165. tweeted!
    http://twitter.com/HappyReviews/status/14809452416
    osggiveaways at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  166. blogged!
    http://happilysouthernreviews.blogspot.com/2010/05/babykicks-bumboo-pocket.html
    osggiveaways at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  167. I love to have some Babykicks prefolds (large/toddler size) to try and also am interested in Washies/Wipes and Duz-it-All Premium Washies. Please enter me in your giveaway! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  168. http://twitter.com/jdeemarie/status/14812569992

    jdeemarie @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete