content='IE=EmulateIE7' http-equiv='X-UA-Compatible'/> Change-Diapers.com, Fitteds and Pockets and Snappis, oh my! Change-Diapers.com, Fitteds and Pockets and Snappis, oh my!: Kissaluvs Marvels AIO Diaper Review & giveaway CLOSED

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://change-diapers.com
and update your bookmarks.

05 May, 2010

Kissaluvs Marvels AIO Diaper Review & giveaway CLOSED

kissaluvs marvels aio

We love our Kissaluvs Wool Lover diaper cover, so when some readers told me they'd like to see me review wipes and wipe solution, I immediately thought of Kissaluvs.  I had looked at their diaper lotion potion and premium wipes several times, but hadn't tried either.


I was hoping to review the wipes and lotion potion, but then I saw the Marvels one size all-in-one diaper.  Kissaluvs sent me one for free to try and review, and one reader gets one (their choice of color!) as well!  The colors are: Butter (with yellow inner), Raspberry (with Pink), Kelly Green (with Yellow) and Summer Sky (with White).  They retail for $22.95, which is the middle of the road price wise.

You'll have to forgive me for some of these pictures.  It was really sunny and I was having a hard time getting enough light but not too much!  I know I could edit them but I think you'd rather read a review with a couple of washed out pictures than read nothing because I'm busy trying to edit the pictures.  Tee hee.


Generally speaking, an all-in-one diaper (AIO) will look pretty much the same as a pocket diaper except the soaker is sewn into the diaper.  The Goodmama One is an exception to that, it has a snap-in soaker.  Like a pocket diaper, an AIO has a waterproof outer or hidden layer, usually PUL.  They also usually have a stay-dry inner made of microfleece or suedecloth.  I like AIO diapers for their ease of use, but they take longer to dry and are harder to get clean.  So why was I so interested in the Marvels?


The soaker is only sewn into the diaper on the end, so it's almost like a pre-stuffed pocket diaper.  The insert can agitate out of the diaper in the wash and turn the diaper inside out (it did in mine), which reminds me of the Smartipants diapers.  Very nice not to have to pull a yucky insert out! 




The pocket also allows you to add additional inserts if needed.  The opening is wide enough for easy use, but not gaping open.


The Marvels have the snap down rise adjustment, which is my preference for a one-size diaper.  They aren't too difficult to undo, but I didn't have any trouble accidentally popping them open either.


The wing snaps are easy-peasy too.  There are just two snaps on each wing, I prefer it, and I get a lot less complaining from my hubby.


There are two overlap snaps for smaller babies.  The guidelines for this diaper are 7-35 pounds (varies by baby as always of course!) and I do think this is likely to fit smaller babies better than other one-size diapers.


The large setting is about the same size as the medium on the Flip.  No fear though, it's really just because the leg elastic is drawn a bit tighter.


When I fully stretched them, they were about the same size.











The small setting is pretty small though!



It doesn't seem bulky, even on the small setting.


I can't get over how soft the diaper is.  Not just the inner, but the PUL too!


I didn't have any issues with marks from the leg elastic, but we also had no leaks.



After washing, it was less work than a pocket diaper, since I didn't have to find the matching soaker, then make sure I had it in far enough (but not too far!) and laid flat.  However, I did have to flip the diaper right side out and then smooth the insert flat.  So, it's not quite as easy as a sewn in soaker.

I really ended up liking this more than I thought I would.  It looks so basic, but it's so soft and easy to use!

I didn't get to try the premium or hemp wipes, but Kissaluvs did send me some of their "awesome knit terry wipes."


At $1.25 each, they are more affordable than other wipes, but they are really, very basic wipes.  They are single thickness and feel like thin washcloths.  They are a bit larger than baby washcloths (8 x 8), but they curl up after washing just like our cheap Target brand baby washcloths do.  Maybe I'm spoiled by other wipes now, but I don't think I would buy these, I'd save my money for nicer ones, like their premium wipes (those are $2.00 each.)  I will certainly use them though, they do the job!

Now, want to win a Kissaluvs Marvels one size all-in-one diaper?  Kissaluvs is sending one to a lucky blog reader, in the winner's choice of color! 


Here's how to enter:


Be sure to leave your email address in a comment if it isn't in your profile.


1. Visit Kissaluvs and tell me either what product you'd like to try or what product you wish Kissaluvs made.
2. Follow my blog, current followers count.  Comment saying you're a follower to get your entry.
3. Like me on Facebook, current likers count.  Comment saying you're a fan/liker (can't get used to that!) to get your entry.
4. Follow me on Twitter, current followers count.  Comment saying you're a follower to get your entry.
5. Tweet about this giveaway.  Be sure to include @kissaluvs and @chgdiapers.  You can use this example "If you love #clothdiapers enter this #giveaway from @chgdiapers for a @kissaluvs Marvels AIO before 5/19 http://bit.ly/d9OqVB"
6. Like Kissaluvs on Facebook.  Comment saying you're a fan/liker to get your entry.
7. Follow Kissaluvs on Twitter.  Comment saying you're a follower to get your entry.
8. Blog about Kissaluvs and/or this blog or giveaway.  Just spread the fluffy love, you don't have to be all like "Golly gee wilikers mister, I sure would like this diaper!"  Hee hee.
9. Bonus Entries Review a Kissaluvs product you've tried and liked on Amazon, on diaperpin or on the review tab of Kissaluvs Facebook page.  One entry per review, leave a link to your review in a comment to get your entry. 


I will accept entries until Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 at 9:00 P.M. EST.  I'll use random.org's true random number generator and will email the winner.  The winner will have 48 hours to respond to claim his/her prize.

Thank you to Kissaluvs for sending me a Marvels diaper and terry wipes at no charge.  I've reviewed them both the same way I would have if I had paid for them.  Thank you also for agreeing to send a blog reader a Marvels AIO as well.

481 comments:

  1. I'd love to also try the Marvels One Size Cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually was thinking that they should make pockets, but their aio sounds like it has the best of both pockets and aio. I'd love to try one.
    a_heart4home at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. tweet
    http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/13425026428
    a_heart4home at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. follow kissaluvs on twitter @heart4home
    a_heart4home at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. blogged
    http://somegreatgiveaways.blogspot.com/2010/05/kissaluvs-marvels-one-size-aio-diaper.html
    a_heart4home at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to try their size 0 fitteds!

    girottih@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a follower of your blog.

    girottih@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to try some of their organic/hemp wipes.

    lindseycrock@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I follow your blog!

    lindseycrock@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like you on FB.

    lindseycrock@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Kissaluvs on FB.

    lindseycrock@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to try their wool cover.
    aprongirl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I follow your blog.
    aprongirl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like you on facebook. (Christine Jelinek)
    aprongirl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a fan of Kissaluvs on facebook.
    aprongirl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I follow Kissaluvs on twitter.
    aprongirl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I follow your blog on twitter.
    aprongirl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tweet: http://twitter.com/christinemary/status/13433562335
    aprongirl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really want to try their organic hemp diapers!

    matthollycart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I follow on google friend

    matthollycart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. i like you on facebook :o)

    matthollycart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. i like kissaluvs on facebook

    matthollycart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. i follow kissaluvs on twitter

    mattholycart@gmail.com (mommysblessings)

    ReplyDelete
  24. i follow you on twitter too!

    matthollycart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'd actually really like to try the marvels!
    naturalbabygiveaways at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. like you on facebook
    naturalbabygiveaways at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. like kissaluvs on facebook
    naturalbabygiveaways at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. following kissaluvs on twitter
    naturalbabygiveaways at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. blogged about giveaway
    http://naturalbabygiveaways.com/kissaluvs-marvels-one-size-aio-cloth-diaper-ends-519/
    naturalbabygiveaways at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would love to try Kissaluvs fitteds!

    slang76@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I follow your blog!

    slang76@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I Like you on Facebook!

    slang76@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I like Kissaluvs on Facebook!

    slang76@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'd love to try out one of the AIO. I haven't tried anything by Kissaluvs before. I love how the insert comes out in the wash! genius. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm a new fan of Kissaluvs on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm interested in marvel one-size fitted diaper.

    ReplyDelete
  37. tweeted
    http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/13439941452

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the cloth n go bags! Looks super cute and useful!

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Tweet!

    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/13440677087

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I really like their zoo blue wet bag!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Other than the Marvel AIO, I would love to try a pail liner, I don't have one yet.
    fefchakjune at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm a GFC follower (Jae)
    fefchakjune at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I like you on FB (June E.F)
    fefchakjune at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I like Kissaluvs on FB too
    fefchakjune at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Following Kissaluvs on Twitter (@fefchakjune)
    fefchakjune at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/fefchakjune/status/13441983806
    fefchakjune at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  47. i would like to try the marvels one size fitted!

    tamipearson at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Entry for Julie due to comment errors:

    i visited kissaluvs website and want to try the super soakers.
    my email is: lover_gurl_0204 atyahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Entry for julie:

    i reveiwed kissaluvs on fb reveiw page

    ReplyDelete
  50. entry for julie

    i like kissaluvs on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  51. entry for julie

    i follow kissaluvs.

    ReplyDelete
  52. entry for julie (comment/blogger errors)

    i tweeted about this giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  53. entry for julie

    i like you on fb.

    ReplyDelete
  54. entry for julie

    i follow you on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Oooh I really like the Two - Hoots diaper!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I visited the website and would like to try the Marvels AIO. I'm still working on building my stash and think that this would be a great addition.

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  57. I follow your blog

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. I "like" you on facebook

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  59. I follow you on twitter (@trvlgrl121)

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  60. I tweeted: http://twitter.com/trvlgrl121/statuses/13447814127

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  61. I think the AIO sounds like a good diaper!

    ReplyDelete
  62. The cloth-n-go bags look neat!

    gdy2shoes23(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  63. I like you on FB! (katrina welch)

    ReplyDelete
  64. I follow on twitter! (katrinawelch)

    ReplyDelete
  65. I tweeted

    http://twitter.com/katrinawelch/status/13456696130

    ReplyDelete
  66. I like kissaluvs on FB (katrina welch)

    ReplyDelete
  67. I follow kissaluvs on twitter (katrinawelch)

    ReplyDelete
  68. I "like" Kissaluvs on Facebook

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  69. I follow Kissaluvs on twitter (@trvlgrl121)

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  70. I'd love to try the organic cotton/hemp fitteds, I've never used a fitted before!

    aubrey_ls at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  71. I'm a follower of your blog.

    aubrey_ls at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  72. I like you on Facebook.

    aubrey_ls at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  73. I follow you on Twitter.

    aubrey_ls at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  74. I tweeted, http://twitter.com/AGZ8/status/13464018070

    aubrey_ls at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  75. I like Kissaluvs on Facebook.

    aubrey_ls at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  76. I follow Kissaluvs on Twitter.

    aubrey_ls at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  77. I'd like to try their fitteds since they have such cute prints!

    allicat2424@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  78. follow your blog

    allicat2424@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  79. I would like to try any of the kissaluvs fitted diapers, especially the marvels! Wish kissaluvs made wool skirties!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  80. I follow your blog

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOt com

    ReplyDelete
  81. I liked you on facebook

    mphin278 AT yahoo dOt com

    ReplyDelete
  82. I am following you on Twitter

    @mphin278

    mphin278 AT yahoo dOt com

    ReplyDelete
  83. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/13467030093

    tweeted

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOt com

    ReplyDelete
  84. I liked kissaluvs on facebook

    mphin278 AT yahoo dOt com

    ReplyDelete
  85. following kissaluvs on twitter

    @mphin278

    mphin278 AT yahoo dOt com

    ReplyDelete
  86. http://sapsgiveaways.blogspot.com/2010/05/kissaluvs-marvels-aio-diaper-giveway-by.html

    Blogged about the giveaway!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOt com

    ReplyDelete
  87. i'm interested in these "Kissa's Organic Cotton/Hemp Fitted Diapers"
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  88. follower
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  89. like you on fb
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  90. follow on twitter (simplymerrier)
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  91. http://twitter.com/simplymerrier/statuses/13467946775
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  92. like kissaluvs on facebook
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  93. follow kissaluvs on twitter
    @simplymerrier
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  94. I'd love to try the Marvels One Size Fitted

    beautyformyashes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  95. I follow your blog.
    beautyformyashes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  96. I like you on Facebook.
    beautyformyashes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  97. I like kissaluvs on facebook.
    beautyformyashes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  98. I love the Kissaluvs Cloth-n-Go Bag.

    marypres@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  99. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/13483864814

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  100. I'd love to try the one-size fitteds!

    ReplyDelete
  101. tweet
    http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/13492712320

    ReplyDelete
  102. http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/13492892733
    a_heart4home at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  103. I blogged: http://thelittlehedgehog.blogspot.com/2010/05/new-fluffy-giveaway.html

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  104. I have tried the Marvels one size cover and love it, so I would love to try the Marvels AIO.

    thriftymommy@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  105. I currently follow your blog

    thriftymommy@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  106. I like you on facebook -- Shannon Hubbel

    thriftymommy@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  107. I like Kissaluvs on facebook -- Shannon Hubbel

    thriftymommy@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  108. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/13529640566

    daily tweet

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  109. tweet
    http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/13554117160

    ReplyDelete
  110. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/13558372663

    ReplyDelete
  111. I would really like to try the diaper you are giving away--the Kissaluv Marvels OS AIo! It look great!

    ReplyDelete
  112. I follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  113. like you on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  114. follow on twitter: MamaBiehl

    ReplyDelete
  115. tweeted: http://twitter.com/MamaBiehl/status/13564106414

    ReplyDelete
  116. like Kissaluvs on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  117. follow kissaluvs on twitter: MamaBiehl

    ReplyDelete
  118. I'd love to try a one size marvel.

    ReplyDelete
  119. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/fefchakjune/status/13588844143
    fefchakjune at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  120. I'd love to try Marvel AIO

    brinkels at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  121. I'm a follower

    brinkels at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  122. I like Kissaluvs on FB

    brinkels at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  123. I'd love to try the Premium Organic Wipes!
    garyandalesha at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  124. Blog follower
    garyandalesha at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  125. FB fan (Alesha Y Jacobsen)
    garyandalesha at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  126. Following on twitter @JacobsenFamily
    garyandalesha at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  127. http://twitter.com/JacobsenFamily/status/13591887187
    garyandalesha at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  128. FB fan of Kissaluvs (Alesha Y Jacobsen)
    garyandalesha at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  129. Following Kissaluvs on twitter @JacobsenFamily
    garyandalesha at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  130. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/13606035997
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  131. tweet
    http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/13607505300

    tomokofive at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  132. tweet
    http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/13607505300

    tomokofive at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  133. I'd really like to try the Marvel one size fitted.
    amandawallace526 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  134. i follow your blog
    amandawallace526 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  135. i follow you on twitter @mandyw526

    ReplyDelete
  136. i follow kissaluvs on twitter @mandyw526

    ReplyDelete
  137. tweet:
    http://twitter.com/mandyw526/statuses/13613866331

    ReplyDelete
  138. i like you on facebook
    amandawallace526 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  139. i like Kissaluvs on facebook
    amandawallace526 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  140. I'd like to try the kissaluvs cloth-n-go bag!

    ashleppek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  141. i follow your blog!

    ashleppek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  142. i like you on facebook!

    ashleppek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  143. i follow you on twitter!

    ashleppek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  144. I follow kissaluvs on twitter!

    ashleppek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  145. Premium Organic Wipes look excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  146. I'd love to try the one-size Marvels in the cute prints. Those are new since I bought my diaper stash...

    ReplyDelete
  147. http://twitter.com/JacobsenFamily/status/13647258462
    garyandalesha at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  148. http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/13669174901

    ReplyDelete
  149. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/fefchakjune/status/13676505316
    fefchakjune at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  150. I'd love to try a Kissaluv size 0 diaper when I have another baby!! (And their AIO looks really nice, love to win it!)

    ReplyDelete
  151. I follow on Twitter
    @micheleizzo

    ReplyDelete
  152. Tweeted http://twitter.com/micheleizzo/status/13677686998

    ReplyDelete
  153. I follow Kissaluvs on Twitter.
    @micheleizzo

    ReplyDelete
  154. I blogged about you and your giveaway at http://clothreverie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  155. Tweet!

    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/13682612041

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  156. http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/13698325141
    a_heart4home at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  157. http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/13728349782
    a_heart4home at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  158. tweet
    http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/13733665177

    ReplyDelete
  159. I would like to try the V2.0 fitteds. I used the original fitteds on my son when he was a newborn and I'd love to see what changes they've made!

    romancingthestork (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  160. Tweet!

    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/13741363784

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  161. I would love to try the marvel all in ones!

    ReplyDelete
  162. I would like to try their one size fitted diapers.
    dani at tdnet dot us

    ReplyDelete
  163. I am a FB fan. dani at tdnet dot us

    ReplyDelete
  164. I am a kissaluvs FB fan. dani at tdnet dot us

    ReplyDelete
  165. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/13768778697

    tweet

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  166. I would like to try their premium wipes. Or the Marvel One size fitted.

    amytarnold(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  167. http://twitter.com/JacobsenFamily/status/13772413538
    garyandalesha at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  168. KIssaluvs are a great company and I use a few products from them. I would LOVE to try to try the AIO as I have yet to find a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  169. I am now following your blog publicly.

    ReplyDelete
  170. I follow kissaluvs on twitter as orpablog

    ReplyDelete
  171. http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/13790060677
    tweet!

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  172. I'd love to try the moca swirl fitted diaper...cute and functional!

    ReplyDelete
  173. http://twitter.com/orangefukurou/status/13793126616

    ReplyDelete
  174. I would love to try this aio diaper!! Sounds awesome! Love the green one :)

    ReplyDelete
  175. I just "liked" your page on facebook

    ReplyDelete