content='IE=EmulateIE7' http-equiv='X-UA-Compatible'/> Change-Diapers.com, Fitteds and Pockets and Snappis, oh my! Change-Diapers.com, Fitteds and Pockets and Snappis, oh my!: Bummis Swimmi Review and Giveaway (CLOSED)

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://change-diapers.com
and update your bookmarks.

01 June, 2010

Bummis Swimmi Review and Giveaway (CLOSED)


I actually bought this Bummis Swimmi swim diaper over the winter, when I thought we were going to do swim lessons at the YMCA (we didn't.)  Notice the strange color of the first few photos, that's because there was snow on the ground reflecting light into the windows!

The small fits 9-15 pounds, medium 15-22 pounds and large 22-30 pounds.


I got the turtle print, since it's all I could find in a medium.  It is cute though!


Like other disposable and reusable swim diapers, the Bummis Swimmi is not absorbent, and is simply designed to catch solid waste.  It has a polyester mesh lining, sandwiched nylon and a printed cotton outer.  It has very easy to use hook and loop closures.


This is my little guy at about 17 pounds and 28" wearing a medium.


There's not much to say about it!  It's cute, fits well, easy to use and should do the "job" fine!  I would use it under a swimsuit if your baby can open velcro!

Want your own?  Win it.  I'm buying a Bummis Swimmi for one lucky blog reader.

How to enter:

Do as many or as few of the following as you like.  You can do one without the other, though I don't know why you'd skip the first one.  ;-)

1. Just leave me a comment on this blog post to get an entry.
2. Follow my blog publicly, comment saying you follow to get an entry.
3. Fan (Whatever!  Old dog/new tricks and all) me on Facebook, comment saying so to get an entry.
4. Follow me on Twitter, comment saying so to get your entry.  Just don't "follow" me in a creepy way, heh.
5. Tweet this giveaway.  Please include a link to this post and @chgdiapers.  One tweet per day, comment with a link to your tweet to get your entry.  You can use this tweet if you like: @chgdiapers has a #giveaway for a Bummis Swimmi reusable swim diaper http://bit.ly/aFZPbT (6/11)
6. Blog about this giveaway and link back to me.

I'll accept entries until Friday, June 11th, 2010 at 9:00, P.M. EST.  I will choose a winner with random.org's true random number generator and email the winner.  This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. only.

Please be sure to leave your email address in your comment if it isn't visible in your profile.  If you win and I can't contact you, I will choose another winner.

The winner will choose her size, print and an alternate print from in stock prints.  I will purchase the swim diaper for the winner and have it shipped directly to her.  I reserve the right to make substitutions if necessary.

Please note that this review and giveaway is neither affiliated with nor sponsored, endorsed or approved by Bummis or Abby's Lane LLC. 

300 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try one of these! They're too cute!

    babyforballerina at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow your blog.

    babyforballerina at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan on facebook!

    babyforballerina at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow you on Twitter (ejgballerina).

    babyforballerina at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! Just wanted to drop in and say hi, I won't put any more entries in since we already have one swim dipe, but enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the turtle print, too cute!
    flowers7886 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow you on FB.
    flowers7886 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow your blog.
    flowers7886 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I follow you on twitter. (@okiebelle)
    flowers7886 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. excellent! would love to try this out on my daughter!!

    stoopidgerletsy@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. blog follower

    stoopidgerletsy@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Already Follow your blog publicly

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks adorable!

    daisy7017@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great giveaway, these are so CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My little guy needs a swim diaper still

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way too cute! This would be perfect for Evie!

    mcconaghys at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to try one of these with the new baby due soon

    ReplyDelete
  18. I follow your blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a fan on facebook

    Audriannasmamaw@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I already follow u on twitter and I tweeted
    here

    http://twitter.com/momtoablessing

    Audriannasmamaw@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love to win this! We are going on vacation and it would get a ton of use!

    beautyformyashes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. i follow your blog.

    beautyformyashes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. im your fan on facebook.
    beautyformyashes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. i follow you on twitter
    beautyformyashes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. tweeted! http://twitter.com/mrsstramer

    beautyformyashes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute, I'd like to be entered for this

    ReplyDelete
  27. I follow you on twitter( @kbrian)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh yeah! I am so in need of swim diaper for this summer! :)
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I follow your blog!
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm a fb fan!
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I follow you on twitter (it always does sound creepy when I say I follow people!) :)

    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/15187085376
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Here's my comment ;)
    naturalbabygiveaways at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Facebook fan. Chantelle Garrett Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  35. fan on facebook.
    naturalbabygiveaways at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/chany10/status/15188645560

    ReplyDelete
  37. blogged here:
    http://naturalbabygiveaways.com/bummis-swimmi-giveaway-ends-611/
    naturalbabygiveaways at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Maria! Great review - I'm passing this along to my friend who has a 9 month old daughter and she was asking about swim diapers the other day (I'm trying hard to convert her to CDing!) I would love to be entered into the Giveaway! Oh - and I'm following you from Cloth Diaper Bloggers =)

    ReplyDelete
  39. That is a SUPER cute turtle print! I'm lazy and just pull an insert out of one of my pocket dipes and use that as a "swim diaper". Works great for me. Thanks for the awesome giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Follow the blog (obviously!)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Fan or "liker" or whatever it is now on FB :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Twitter stalker... I mean... follower :) (@ToriMichel)

    ReplyDelete
  43. we need a swimmi :)
    tamipearson at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Yes!! Pick me! Pick me, oh Random.org! :)

    giabao.ng at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I follow this blog (publicly).
    giabao.ng at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. I am a fan on FB!
    giabao.ng at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I need a new swim diaper for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  48. You picked a cute print - love the turtles!

    colljerr at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  49. I follow your blog publicly

    colljerr at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  50. I've been wanting to try one of these! thanks fpr the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I am a fan of yours on Facebook.

    colljerr at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  52. I'd love to try this. how cute is that print?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  53. I would love to try this swim diaper!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I want one of these! Thanks for giving me the chance to win it! =)

    gdy2shoes23(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. I am a FB fan! (katrina welch)

    ReplyDelete
  56. I follow on twitter (in a non-creepy way) hehe.

    katrinawelch

    ReplyDelete
  57. Would love to try one of these. Sticemichelle@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. I subscribe to blog
    Sticemichelle@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. I like facebook page
    Sticemichelle@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. I follow on twitter and tweeted about giveaway
    Sticemichelle@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  61. I would love to win one of these for a friend that just had a little boy a few months ago!

    heatherandscott030709 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  62. Follow your blog!

    heatherandscott030709 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  63. Fan on fb - heatherscholten

    heatherandscott030709 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  64. i would love to have this mverno@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. I've been looking to buy a swim diaper for my little boy's first summer in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  66. I want a swimmi sooooooo bad!

    ReplyDelete
  67. We just joined a pool for the summer and this would be awesome!!

    chrisandmaia at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  68. My son just went swimming for the first time this week and I would love to try a non-disposable swim diaper.

    ReplyDelete
  69. ooh, i've been eying these.. can't wait to take baby swimming this summer.

    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  70. follower!
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  71. fan on facebook
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  72. follow you on twitter
    @simplymerrier
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  73. http://twitter.com/simplymerrier/statuses/15233583112
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  74. Oh, this is incredible! It would be perfect for my son.

    kristi.blackstone@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  75. I follow you on twitter
    sn:missblissfulbee

    ReplyDelete
  76. I would love to get a swim diaper for our summer swim lessons.
    bwneyes100 AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  77. I follow
    bwneyes100 AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  78. follow on twitter, not too creepy
    bwneyes100 AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  79. tweet
    http://twitter.com/fancygrlnancy/status/15255675600
    bwneyes100 AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  80. I love my Swimmi too. It's getting too small though so a new one would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  81. I've wanted to try out their swimmis. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  82. I've been thinking of trying one of these! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  83. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/15248060482
    erica dot jmail at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete
  84. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/chany10/status/15262331981

    ReplyDelete
  85. I just found your blog! Thanks for doing this! So awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  86. I love that you sponsor giveaways, I think it is very generous of you! I really want to try one of these, and need that size, and love the turtle print!

    carolena.graves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  87. "liked" you on FB
    carolena.graves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  88. follower on twitter (not the creepy way) @keekerbug
    carolena.graves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  89. tweet:
    http://twitter.com/keekerbug/status/15270070725
    carolena.graves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  90. Oooh, in the market for a swim diaper! Ready for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  91. Blog follower

    meganmcgarty(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  92. we live in Florida and we have a pool and we live on the river and 5 minutes from the beach and we are constantly in the water...we always use cloth diapers but I have not tried this brand before...would love to

    ykatrina at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  93. We use cloth diapers and this swim diaper would get a lot of use in our house!

    ramills1308 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  94. Following you on Twitter as ramills08

    ramills1308 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  95. Following your blog as Rebecca M.

    ramills1308 at gmail.com

    (Thought I posted this one already but maybe not? Also I guess I was logged into Blogger then it switched to my Google profile, but 132 and 133 are both me.)

    ReplyDelete
  96. follower..

    i'm just wondering.. for these swimmis, how young do most of you take your babies for a swim? I live in HI and thought it'd be nice to bring baby into the ocean.

    kkhurana16 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  97. I Tweeted your giveaway: http://twitter.com/ramills08/status/15291675518

    ramills1308 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  98. Fan of your Facebook page (Rebecca Mills)

    ramills1308 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  99. Love this idea. I hope they eventually make it with something other than velcro though...

    seraphou@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  100. We swim every day so I'd love one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  101. TOO CUTE!! We are going swimming daily here. Great Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  102. Following you on twitter:SCMOMOF2BOYS

    ReplyDelete
  103. Tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/SCMOMOF2BOYS/status/15305363115

    ReplyDelete
  104. oh my gosh this is great, I spend a fortune on little swimmers over the summer!

    jennifer.lleras@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  105. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/chany10/status/15339978404

    ReplyDelete
  106. thanks for the chance!
    janel_marie at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  107. twitter
    amomstake
    janel_marie at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  108. What a great idea! Thanks, Maureen (jnomaxx at hotmail dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  109. What a cute swim diaper! I hope I win!
    danirudolph at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  110. I am a FB fan. danirudolph at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  111. I publicly follow your blog.
    danirudolph at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  112. mandatory enttry #1, random comment, your blog is awesome! lol

    ReplyDelete
  113. I follow your blog

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  114. I liked you on facebook

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  115. I follow you on twitter

    @SAPsMaMa

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  116. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/15386854401

    tweeted

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  117. http://sapsgiveaways.blogspot.com/2010/06/bummis-swimmi-giveaway-by-f-oh-my-ends.html

    blogged about the giveaway

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  118. tweet
    http://twitter.com/fancygrlnancy/status/15397061943
    bwneyes100 AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  119. http://twitter.com/simplymerrier/statuses/15408068133
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  120. I want to get a few swim diapers and have been trying research what is available. This looks like a great diaper!
    veniceangel@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  121. I follow you on twitter under ChildrensNook

    ReplyDelete
  122. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/chany10/status/15428746757

    ReplyDelete
  123. We would love a swim diaper to use at the pool!

    LMFriedli @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  124. I follow your blog w/ google friends.

    LMFriedli @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  125. I "like" you on FB.

    LMFriedli @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  126. I follow you on twitter (@LisOfTo)

    LMFriedli @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  127. Tweeted here: http://twitter.com/LisOfTo/status/15436136728

    LMFriedli @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  128. tweet
    http://twitter.com/fancygrlnancy/status/15439290990
    bwneyes100 AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  129. So cool that you are sponsoring this one yourself! I'm sure my son would get a lot of use out of this this summer!

    katiekstewart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  130. I love the Swimmi!
    kayla.dishon@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  131. What a cute tush your little one has in that diaper

    ReplyDelete
  132. public follower
    kayla.dishon@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  133. Following you on twitter adjolly

    ReplyDelete
  134. Would love this for my baby neice!!

    bevwhip at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  135. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/chany10/status/15487635562

    ReplyDelete
  136. Tweet! http://twitter.com/LisOfTo/status/15490936162

    ReplyDelete
  137. tweeT:
    http://twitter.com/keekerbug/status/15495115706
    carolena.graves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  138. Thanks for the giveaway!
    jjak2003 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  139. I follow through google friend connect
    jjak2003 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  140. I follow through twitter (@jjak2003)
    jjak2003 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  141. I follow through facebook (Jessica Wagner)
    jjak2003 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  142. I tweeted
    http://twitter.com/jjak2003/statuses/15498667055
    jjak2003 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  143. I would love to try this swim diaper it looks so cute!

    jaimegreat at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  144. http://twitter.com/simplymerrier/statuses/15530986051
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  145. tweet
    http://twitter.com/fancygrlnancy/status/15534754831
    bwneyes100 AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  146. I would love to win this swim diaper! Perfect for summer days at the pool! Thanks for all the work that you put into this blog- I especially love all of the pictures you post! You cover things from every angle and I feel like I can really know what something is like after reading your blog.
    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  147. I follow your blog publicly
    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  148. I am a fan of yours on Facebook
    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  149. I follow you on twitter (in the non-creepy way) (@trvlgrl121)
    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  150. I tweeted: http://twitter.com/trvlgrl121/statuses/15536008194
    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  151. Love the print on the one you reviewed!! Hope I can win one!!
    anamlgrl@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  152. tweeted: http://twitter.com/anamlgrl/status/15541468307
    anamlgrl@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  153. I follow you publicly!
    anamlgrl@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  154. I"m a fan on facebook!
    Lauren F.
    anamlgrl@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  155. following you on twitter!
    @anamlgrl
    anamlgrl@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  156. http://twitter.com/simplymerrier/statuses/15544221489
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  157. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/chany10/status/15558785812

    ReplyDelete
  158. Tweet! http://twitter.com/LisOfTo/status/15559799270
    LMFriedli @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  159. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/15560434122

    tweet

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  160. tweet
    http://twitter.com/fancygrlnancy/status/15583391994
    bwneyes100 AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  161. Tweeted today: http://twitter.com/trvlgrl121/statuses/15588870621
    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  162. 6/7 daily tweet
    http://twitter.com/jjak2003/statuses/15615025942
    jjak2003 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  163. http://twitter.com/simplymerrier/statuses/15618229592
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  164. Yay! I love Bummis Swimmis!
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  165. follow you publicly
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  166. facebook FAN (stephanie gaffney)
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  167. follow you on twitter @skgaff
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  168. tweet: http://twitter.com/skgaff/status/15628977954
    glass.stephanie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  169. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/15671781886

    tweet

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete