I've asked readers to make suggestions for diapers they'd like to see me review/give away, and Rumpsack has been mentioned several times! WAHMs don't have deep pockets for advertising or reviews/giveaways, so it meant a lot to me when Rumpsack agreed to participate in my "Year of Fluff" event!
Rumpsack diapers are made by work-at-home-mom Janelle. Right now, she makes sized pocket diapers and inserts, though she is branching out! When I took the diaper out of the package, I noticed not only how soft it was, but how well made it was. The stitching was neat and even!
I received a size medium pocket diaper, with a minky outer and microchamois inner.
Rumpsack diapers are front snap diapers, but the diaper closes closer to the hip to prevent wing droop. Janelle is a La-Di-Da approved seamstress, and Rumpsacks are designed to scoop below the belly. Size Newborn fits 6-12 pounds, Small 10-20 pounds, Medium 15-30 pounds, and Large 25-40 pounds. Prices vary between $14.50 and $17.00 depending on the materials used.
The pocket is easy to stuff. Inserts are not included with Rumpsacks, but Janelle makes a great insert that's available as an optional purchase.
The insert is 2 layers of organic hemp fleece, which makes 6 layers of absorbency when tri-folded. The inserts are available in 4 sizes to match the diaper sizes, and retail for $5.00 each. Janelle included one with my diaper, and I'm grateful! I much prefer to use a diaper with an insert that has been designed for and tested with the diaper, and this was far easier to fold than a microfiber towel!
A nifty feature of the Rumpsack is that the snaps on the front panel are female on one side and male on the other.
This means the tabs actually snap to each other. If you find yourself with a dirty diaper and no wetbag, simply roll the diaper up into a neat little package, and snap the tabs together!
The Rumpsack medium seemed a smidge smaller than some of the other mediums I have, but I think it may be partly because of the below the belly design.
| Measured Folded |
| Measured Stretched |
| Compared to O/S on Medium Setting |
The diaper fit my son really well, and he has plenty of room to grow into it (he's about 18.5 lbs in these photos.) We had no leaks, and the insert made the diaper nice and trim, as well as super absorbent (I love hemp!) Thank you Janelle for allowing me to review a Rumpsack, I love this diaper!
FTC Compliance: I received the above diaper and insert at no cost in order to write my review. I was not compensated for this post; I was not required or requested to write a positive review and all opinions are my own.














Is Microchamois more like the liners of Rumparooz or more like bumGenius?
ReplyDeleteMore like Rumparooz, it's soft and fuzzy!
ReplyDeleteThese diapers are so cute! They look really well made too!
ReplyDeletewe have one rumpsack and love it hope to get more.
ReplyDeleteI think they are very well made! Janelle has been making diapers for a year, but you would think she had been doing it much longer!
ReplyDeleteThe diapers are too cute and well made!
ReplyDeleteI love Rumpsack diapers! Janelle makes such a quality product and she has fantastic customer service!
ReplyDeleteCute! How does minky hold up for being waterproof? When I tried fleece it wasn't very waterproof - or does this have a hidden PUL layer?
ReplyDeleteSarah, this is laminated with PUL, so very waterproof & no wicking.
ReplyDeleteFor fleece, I think it really depends on the quality of the fleece. The Dypes by Dixon sweet slumber I have is Walden Mills Pro fleece. Also fabric softener helps it repel. Try rubbing the fleece (not the inner though!) with a dryer sheet & see if it helps.
I have about 10 Rumpsack diaper, each are very well done! Customer service is more then great shipping is super fast and she is sooo sweet!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the giveaway!! I am currently expecting so I haven't tried her diapers yet, but I have seen pictures and they look so trim fitting and they are super cute. Great work!!
ReplyDeleteThis would be great to win! I've heard nothing but fantastic things about Janelle's diapers!
ReplyDeleteRumpsack diapers are the best; they are very well made and her customer service rocks.
ReplyDeleteThank you again!
ReplyDeleteRumpsacks are awesome!! I own 3 but I want more! They are so cute and trim. They are very well made, you can tell a lot of time and effort goes into making them!
ReplyDeleteI love Rumpsack Diapers! Janelle is super sweet and I know she takes pride in her work.
ReplyDeleteSuper cute diapers! Maybe my husband will allow me to buy one sooner than later! hehehe.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait wait to try these diapers! I have heard many good things about them.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to give these a try! A coastie wife recommended them. They look fantastic and so cozy.
ReplyDeleteMy friend Tiffany is a Rumpsack FANATIC - when the etsy store is more stocked up am going to pick up a few...and am ALWAYS cruising craigslist to pick up gently used one!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I'm always excited to hear about cloth diapers made by hand.
ReplyDeleteRumpsack diapers ROCK!! Awseome diapers made by an awesome Mama.
ReplyDeleteWe now own 5 Rumpsack's and I only bought my first a few months ago! They are awesome diapers, but be warned they quickly become an addiction :o)
ReplyDeleteJackie check out the CWCB congo on Hyena Cart(the link is in the original post). They stock on the 15th of every month and there are always a lot of cute Rumpsack's :o)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the giveaway! I love chances to win WAHM made diapers! Especially a rumpsack, I've been wanting to try one so bad but money is tight so this is just awesome! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteWe LOVE our Rumpsack and are looking very forward to getting some more in the near future! Sammy LOVES minky.....hahaha, especially his giraffe print!
ReplyDeleteWe love our Rumpsacks!!! Like, Terri said, they quickly become an addiction... they are a very solid diaper... well made, no leaks or anything. I have seen great reviews of the new tester one size rumpsacks and I can't wait to try those as well.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the chance to win! I have some other WAHM diapers, but they're too small now, so would be nice to try out some others.
ReplyDeleteI like the Pink Giraffes Large Pocket Diaper
ReplyDeleteortizvelasquez at yahoo dot com
Looks like everyone loves this diaper. It looks really soft and comfy! Thanks for the giveaway!
ReplyDeleteIt does look soft and is super cute. I love all the different prints :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the great giveaway
These are my FAVORITE pocket diapers. And her covers are super awesome too. Great momma to work with and really high quality. I hope I win lol!
ReplyDeleteThose are some great diapers she has. I had never heard of them before now.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the awesome giveaway!!!
I read that it was US only after I completed the form, if you were to pick me as the winner I would be happy to pay shipping :(
ReplyDeleteDanielle, I'm more concerned with the Canadian laws regarding chance sweepstakes. As I've said before, I don't look good in stripes. ;-) But, we'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it, ok?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the giveaway! These diapers are cute!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for this giveaway! =) Diapers are soooo cute!
ReplyDeleteThese diapers look amazing! She goes an awesome job making them! Looks really time consuming but VERY well made. :) Great job Mama!
ReplyDeleteLove homemade diapers!
ReplyDeleteAre you liking the form? I'm not but maybe I made it to difficult... :)
that diaper you got is so cute! I love it.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait till the congo opens, I've been wanting one for a few weeks now!
ReplyDeleteI love how this is written! Between the in depth descriptions and the pictures, I might just have to buy a whole stack!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you read the review lvgmum! I do hope you all enjoy the reviews and not just the giveaways. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI really want to try some of these diapers. I've heard great things!
ReplyDeleteI love the Green Frog's design thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com
ReplyDelete