content='IE=EmulateIE7' http-equiv='X-UA-Compatible'/> Change-Diapers.com, Fitteds and Pockets and Snappis, oh my! Change-Diapers.com, Fitteds and Pockets and Snappis, oh my!: Inspired by Finn Baltic Amber Jewelry review and giveaway/discount! CLOSED 5/2

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://change-diapers.com
and update your bookmarks.

18 April, 2010

Inspired by Finn Baltic Amber Jewelry review and giveaway/discount! CLOSED 5/2

 

Inspired by Finn sells Baltic amber and hazelwood jewelry, including the beautiful teething necklace I was given to review.


The first time I heard "amber teething necklace" I thought people must be nuts.  Then, I learned about the benefits of Baltic amber.  I figured out that no, people weren't allowing their children to chew on jewelry.  When Baltic amber is worn on the skin, the skin’s warmth releases trace amounts of healing oils from the amber. These oils contain succinic acid and are absorbed into the skin.

Read more about the benefits of Baltic amber and check out the available shapes and colors.

I asked Inspired by Finn to choose the shape, color and length of my son's teething necklace for me.

It came in a cute gift box.




All jewelry is lead-free and phthalates-free and it meets all US legislative testing (CPSIA) requirements for children's jewelry.


Each bead is individually knotted and while it isn't "stretchy," it does have a tiny bit of "give" to it.  It will break if pulled, which is good for safety's sake.  Even so, I, personally, did not put the necklace on my son for naps etc.


The necklace has an easy to use, secure closure.


After I took these photos, I tucked the necklace under his shirt, so it was in contact with his skin.


The necklace is absolutely beautiful, and I want one for myself, if only because it is so pretty!

I couldn't resist taking this photo, he gave me the biggest grin when he saw the camera!


My husband says he looks like a hippie, and the cashier at Old Navy thought he was a girl.  My mom said it was because of the necklace, but several weeks ago, a Dad at the park told me he was "too pretty to be a boy" because of his big brown eyes and long lashes, LOL.  I think he looks adorable!

I can't really say whether it has eased his teething pain.  However, since he started teething, he has never really napped. 


After wearing the necklace, he napped for an hour and a half!!  So  yeah, I love my Inspired by Finn teething necklace!

Want it?  Buy it.  Use coupon code BLOG68  for 20% off your entire order!

Or, win it!  Inspired by Finn will send the winner of this giveaway one item 16 inches or SMALLER that is in stock.

How to enter:


1. Visit Inspired by Finn's store and select the item (16" or smaller and in stock) you would like to receive (mandatory entry).
2. Follow my blog (current followers count). Comment saying you're a follower to get your entry.
3. Fan me on Facebook (current fans count). Comment saying you're a fan to get your entry.
4. Blog about this giveaway and link back to me. Comment with a link to your blog post to get your entry.
5. Follow me on Twitter.  Comment saying you follow me.
6. Tweet about this giveaway.  Comment saying you did so, to get your entry.  1 tweet/entry per day.  "RT @chgdiapers Enter to win an Inspired by Finn Baltic Amber teething necklace (or other jewelry) until 5/2. http://bit.ly/98R6Ub #giveaway"


Note: Inspired by Finn has a Facebook page now.  It would be awesome if you beame a fan, but I can't add an entry option for that this late in the game, since it wouldn't be fair to those who already entered.


I will accept entries until Sunday, May 2nd at 9 P.M. EST.  I'll use random.org's random number generator to choose a winner. Please make sure to leave your email address in your comment if it isn't in your profile.

Thank you to Inspired by Finn for providing the products for the review and giveaway.  The freebie in no way influenced my review.

Edit August 2010:  We stopped using this when my son kept lifting it from under his shirt, over his chin and putting it in his mouth.  I have been wanting to buy a short one but haven't yet!

156 comments:

  1. I love the wire cognac bracelet.

    frugalsciencegal [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow your blog.

    frugalsciencegal [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the butter round necklace. It is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow your blog.

    MegEarley09@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tweet

    http://twitter.com/Earley_Edition/status/12397332011

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with the rainbow round!

    winterpoet13@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm following the blog (I thought I was following it already, apparently my brain is slow lately!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. became a facebook fan! Shanna P****** on there :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. tweeted

    http://twitter.com/winterpoet13/status/12398094505

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the light mix round bead necklace :) 11in

    Carissa11906 (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I became a facebook fan :)

    Carissa S******** on there :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the butter pendent in the 12 1/2 inches!

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I follow your blog

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a fb fan!

    erica DOT jmail at mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I follow on Twitter!

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tweet~
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/12407441706

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the amber disc necklace.

    a_heart4home[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  18. follow your blog
    a_heart4home[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  19. follow on twitter @heart4home
    a_heart4home[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  20. tweet!
    http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/12409954965
    a_heart4home[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the Amber DISC necklace and the cognac bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the butter round necklace.

    Ulkieab at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the milk & butter necklace (11")

    firefly.mcl(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Blog follower.

    firefly.mcl(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Facebook fan.

    firefly.mcl(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  26. blogged about you... :)

    http://mymomologue.blogspot.com/

    firefly.mcl(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm eyeing that 12 1/2-13" amber disc

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've been a blog follower for a little while, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'd like the Amber Disc necklace, the dark amber color!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I follow your blog!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm your facebook fan!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  32. http://sapsgiveaways.blogspot.com/2010/04/inspired-by-finn-amber-teething.html

    Blogged abou the giveaway!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I follow you on twitter!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  34. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/12426522790

    Tweeted!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my goodness! I need this! My son is teething, and his teeth are being way stubborn in coming out. He is so cranky!
    I like the Amber disc necklace. =)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I follow you on twitter (katrinawelch)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I like the Honey Round necklace, I think the color is beautiful! This would really come in handy, my little man is teething right now and the poor guy is constantly chewing on his fingers or anything he can get in his mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I follow your blog: Sarah Hull (Hull2319)

    SHull2319 at gmail dot come

    ReplyDelete
  39. I tweeted: "RT @chgdiapers Enter to win an Inspired by Finn Baltic Amber teething necklace (or other jewelry) until 5/2. http://bit.ly/98R6Ub #giveaway"

    http://twitter.com/trvlgrl121/statuses/12439656272

    ReplyDelete
  40. tweet!
    http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/12452948852
    a_heart4home[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I would get the brownie chips necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm a fan of yours on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I would love the pumpkin and butter for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I follow your blog

    eponineca @ yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I am a current facebook fan

    eponineca @ yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/12462530231

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I would probably get the Congac Round in 13in

    I've heard about the teething necklaces but DH doesn't think it'll work...But with how much teething is causing my DD to go through, I'm almost to the point I'd try anything! Although if it were a giveaway - DH couldnt' complain and I could prove him wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  48. blogged here
    http://somegreatgiveaways.blogspot.com/2010/04/inspired-by-finn-baltic-amber-necklace.html
    a_heart4home[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  49. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/12470965042

    Daily tweet!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  50. http://ourkeirabelle.blogspot.com/2010/04/great-blog-great-giveaway.html

    My blog post and it's posted on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  51. tweet!
    http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/12510337767
    a_heart4home[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  52. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/12532907411

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  53. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/12544176346

    Daily tweet!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  54. tweet!
    http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/12573105142
    a_heart4home[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  55. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/12573359570

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  56. I would choose a Light Mix necklace. They are so beautiful!
    beautyformyashes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. facebook fan
    beautyformyashes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. following your blog
    beautyformyashes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. following you on twitterbeautyformyashes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/12606471201

    Daily tweet!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  61. tweet!
    http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/12632797584
    a_heart4home[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  62. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/12668493128

    Daily tweet!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  63. I like the amber disc necklace

    merrin24@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  64. Im a facebook fan merrin

    merrin24@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. I follow you on twitter blue_eyez27

    merrin24@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  66. I like the Amber disc and my son definetly needs this!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/SCMOMOF2BOYS/status/12676958391

    ReplyDelete
  68. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/12680657789

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  69. tweet!
    http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/12697468542
    a_heart4home[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  70. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/12708233584

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  71. I would like to receive the 3 Colors - TEAR DROP

    queen-of-pain at yandex dot com

    ReplyDelete
  72. Follow your blog

    queen-of-pain at yandex dot com

    ReplyDelete
  73. I am your FB fan - Elena Rudaya

    queen-of-pain at yandex dot com

    ReplyDelete
  74. I am your FB fan - Elena Rudaya

    queen-of-pain at yandex dot com

    ReplyDelete
  75. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/12767706769

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  76. tweet!
    http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/12779233469
    a_heart4home[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  77. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/12798123831

    Daily tweet!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  78. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/12838662330

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  79. I like the disc style in 16", these are very pretty necklaces and I love the added benefit too.

    micaela6955 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  80. blog follower via GFC

    micaela6955 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  81. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/12842383031

    Daily tweet!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  82. twitter follower @micaela6955

    micaela6955 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  83. tweeted http://twitter.com/micaela6955/status/12842493021

    micaela6955 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  84. tweet
    http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/12843207204
    a_heart4home at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  85. Id liek a 16' 4 Different Round please if i win that is..

    audrey.murray_26@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  86. follow ur blog

    audrey.murray_26@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  87. FB fan
    Audrey.Murray26
    audrey.murray_26@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  88. follow on twitter
    @AudreyNicole26
    audrey.murray_26@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  89. tweet
    http://twitter.com/AudreyNicole26/status/12845637806
    audrey.murray_26@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  90. Posted on my blog!
    http://audrey-murrayfortheloveof.blogspot.com/
    audrey.murray_26@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  91. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/12901908953
    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  92. 16" amber disc necklace


    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  93. tweet!
    http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/12940644761
    a_heart4home at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  94. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/12957066276

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  95. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/12977406618

    Daily tweet!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  96. tweeted: http://twitter.com/trvlgrl121/statuses/12991232221

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  97. tweet
    http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/13004042950
    a_heart4home at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  98. tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/13006024306

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  99. i would love the honey pendant necklace for my little teether!

    tamipearson at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  100. i follow your blog!


    tamipearson at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  101. i would choose turmeric & cream chips necklace, 14".
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  102. blog follower. :)
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  103. FB fan
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  104. follow you on twitter
    @simplymerrier
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  105. http://twitter.com/simplymerrier/statuses/13030426246
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  106. today's tweet http://twitter.com/micaela6955/status/13040953799

    micaela6955 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  107. I'd love the Light Oval necklace.

    Sunme6(at)verizon(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  108. I follow your blog!

    Sunme6(at)verizon(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  109. I'm a FB fan!

    Sunme6(at)verizon(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  110. I follow you on Twitter.

    @Claire1194
    Sunme6(at)verizon(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  111. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/13047912709

    DAily tweet!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  112. Tweeted!

    @claire1194
    Sunme6(at)verizon(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  113. tweet!
    http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/13065042415
    a_heart4home at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  114. daily tweet: http://twitter.com/trvlgrl121/statuses/13083569534

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  115. I would choose the Amber Disc.

    Corrie Gompf
    supermomonwheels(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  116. I blogged about your biveaway: http://thelittlehedgehog.blogspot.com/2010/04/fitteds-and-pockets-and-snappis-oh-my.html

    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  117. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/13089800848

    Daily tweet!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  118. I blogged about this giveaway!

    http://the-elwells.blogspot.com/2010/04/things-i-love-thursdays-blog-giveaways.html

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  119. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/13095966897

    ReplyDelete
  120. http://twitter.com/simplymerrier/statuses/13110386489
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  121. http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/13123542157
    a_heart4home at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  122. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/13136939193

    ReplyDelete
  123. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/13170163004

    DAily tweet!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOt com

    ReplyDelete
  124. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/13192179145

    erica DOT jmail AT mac dOT com

    ReplyDelete
  125. http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/13202503821
    a_heart4home at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  126. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/13205158773

    Daily tweet!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOt com

    ReplyDelete
  127. Following via GFC

    Corrie Gompf
    supermomonwheels(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  128. FB fan

    Corrie Gompf
    supermomonwheels(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  129. Following on Twitter @supermaonwheels

    Corrie Gompf
    supermomonwheels(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  130. Tweet: http://twitter.com/supermaonwheels/status/13207287136

    Corrie Gompf
    supermomonwheels(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  131. My daughter has an immune system problem where she gets an inflammation response when she's sick - I've always wondered if she doesn't have chronic inflammation because our immune systems face constant challenges. I've always wanted to try baltic amber!

    http://hyenacart.com/inspiredbyfinn/index.php?c=19&p=84051 Honey Dot Oval

    at gmail: a midg rn

    ReplyDelete
  132. http://twitter.com/simplymerrier/statuses/13217162610
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  133. http://twitter.com/simplymerrier/statuses/13238248243
    simplymerry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  134. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/mommyericae/status/13247578811

    erica DOT jmail AT mac DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  135. http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/13254698243
    a_heart4home at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  136. Would love the amber disc necklace for children.

    Thanks!
    angiedkelly at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  137. Follow your blog via GFC

    angiedkelly at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  138. Facebook Fan

    angiedkelly at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  139. Follow you on twitter under @yeahhappy


    angiedkelly at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  140. tweet:
    http://twitter.com/yeahhappy/status/13262874490

    angiedkelly at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  141. http://twitter.com/mphin278/status/13273804502

    Daily tweet!

    mphin278 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  142. wow, i thanks fort this article, i will get one necklace for my boy :)

    ReplyDelete